SODE problem at Malaga with FSX:SP2

Ray Proudfoot

I've landed and taxied to stand 50 at LEMG. I selected the SODE option when I installed Malaga but SODE can't recognise my aircraft (ConcordeX) and move the jetway.

Rather than type my message again here's a link to the one I posted in the SODE Issues topic. It includes a SODE log.

• Developer

Solved during a TeamViewer session with Ray. The configuration xml file for LEMG was faulty by designating the stands as "PARKING" instead of "GATE", which is the category used in the actual AFCAD.

Also, for GSX to work, we needed to customize the parking position using GSX and tick the "Parking has a jetway" checkbox.

Ray, could you attach the corrected LEMG xml file here in the forum? It is located at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml. Many thanks.

15 minutes ago, 12bPilot said:

Solved during a TeamViewer session with Ray. The configuration xml file for LEMG was faulty by designating the stands as "PARKING" instead of "GATE", which is the category used in the actual AFCAD.

Ray, could you attach the corrected LEMG xml file here in the forum? It is located at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml. Many thanks.

Here you are Jeffrey. A big public thank you for your help. I have also made a donation to your excellent program. :cheers_s:

LEMG_simwings.xml

One other question Jeffrey. We edited Gate 50 at LEMG in GSX to add a functioning jetway. Do I need to keep that option and if so do I need to do it for all the other gates at LEMG?

Or does that xml file tell SODE / GSX all it needs to know?

• Developer
On 23.9.2016 at 14:28, Ray Proudfoot sagte:

Thanks Jeffrey. One other thing. For users of ConcordeX by FS Labs do they need to add that entry you placed in one of my files? Can't remember which one though.

Not necessarily, just if you want the hood to (more or less) nicely connect to the fuselage. The file is AircraftParameters.ini located at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE. There are two entries for [CONCORDE] and [CONC] with identical data.

• 1 year later...
On 9/22/2016 at 1:44 PM, 12bPilot said:

Also, for GSX to work, we needed to customize the parking position using GSX and tick the "Parking has a jetway" checkbox.

It's December of 2017 now...over 14 months since this was discovered, and STILL the SODE xml file included in the download contains this error. 

Is it too much to ask that the product be updated so that it actually works without having to take to the internet to deal with problems that have long ago been solved?

On 12/2/2017 at 4:06 AM, w6kd said:

It's December of 2017 now...over 14 months since this was discovered, and STILL the SODE xml file included in the download contains this error. 

Is it too much to ask that the product be updated so that it actually works without having to take to the internet to deal with problems that have long ago been solved?

This annoys me too, for some Aerosoft sceneries you have to search the forum and go through various threads to collect all the hotfixes and fan made fixes for a scenery. This is if you dont want to wait until its included in a new version 1 year later (if ever)

@w6kd and @woozie77

I've added LEMG_simwings.xml that I attached further up this discussion Sept 2016. In P3D v3.4 when I display the GSX menu it's still using the default jetway rather than the SODE one.

Is it like that for you too and if so which sim are you using?

@12bPilot, could you help me sort this out please? The switch from FSX to P3D v3.4 has messed SODE up for LEMG.

Hi Ray

I'm on P3Dv4 and the most recent GSX version. SODE Jetways work for me at LEMG, however i'm not sure if i'm still using the fixed XML from this thread as i did a complete PC reinstall before i migrated to P3Dv4. Gonna check tonight. 

The only thing i noticed is that GSX didnt autodetect SODE jetways (shown by a greyed out drop down field in the 'customize airport positions' screen) but that doesnt seem to have any effect on GSX/SODE functionality

Thanks @woozie77. I wonder if you could attach your LEMG_simwings.xml so I can compare it to mine. I'm getting the message cannot find jetway.cfg so I'll need to check a few things. It works at Rome and Oslo so the basics are okay. Here's the bit from the log...

[14:28:19.610] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### FILTERING OBJECTS WITHIN SIM RADIUS OF 40000m
[14:28:19.645] INFO SODE.FSLOOP : ### Active SimObjects: 26; Active Wind Data Probes: 1
[14:28:19.646] ERROR SODE.FSLOOP : SimConnect EXCEPTION! ID=1
[14:28:19.758] ERROR SODE.FSLOOP : SimConnect EXCEPTION! Not able to create SimObject 'LEMG Malaga::LEMG_simwings'
[14:28:19.759] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 68 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4706
[14:28:19.760] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 66 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4707
[14:28:19.760] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 64 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4708
[14:28:19.760] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 62 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4709
[14:28:19.760] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 60 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4710
[14:28:19.761] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 54 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4711
[14:28:19.761] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 52 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4712
[14:28:19.761] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 50 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4713
[14:28:19.761] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 48 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4714
[14:28:19.762] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 46 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4715
[14:28:19.762] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 44 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4716
[14:28:19.762] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 42 Jetway [LEMGjetwaynew_Static]. ID: 4717
[14:28:19.763] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 37 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4718
[14:28:19.763] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 35 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4719
[14:28:19.763] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 33 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4720
[14:28:19.763] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 31 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4721
[14:28:19.764] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 28 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4722
[14:28:19.764] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 27 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4723
[14:28:19.764] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 26 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4724
[14:28:19.764] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 25 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4725
[14:28:19.764] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 24 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4726
[14:28:19.765] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 23 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4727
[14:28:19.765] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 21 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4728
[14:28:19.765] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 18 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4729
[14:28:19.765] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 16 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4730
[14:28:19.766] INFO SODE.FSLOOP :  + SimObject LEMG_simwings:Gate 14 Jetway [LEMGjetwayalt_Static]. ID: 4731
[14:28:37.321] DEBUG SODE.FSLOOP :  [API::TRIGGER] Received Trigger Client Data: ObjID=4713, DoorDesignator='1L', OwnFlag=0, DoorDataOverrideFlag=1, Mode=1
[14:28:37.321] WARN SODE.FSLOOP :  [JETWAY CONTROL SYSTEM] No 'jetway.cfg' found. Unable to move Jetway...

Further to my earlier message I have tested SODE at ENGM (works fine) and LEMG (doesn;t work).

The messages in the log state "No door parameters found for aircraft type Concorde". It's attached in case the author visits this place or someone with more knowledge than me can help.

So why did it work at ENGM? I could understand if SODE didn't work at any SODE-equipped airports but it's very frustrating when I get messages like this and no way to diagnose the problem. I try to work things out for myself but this has me baffled. The troubleshooting section of the SODE manual could do with explaining this type of problem and how to correct it.

SODE.log

Here's my GSX and SODE config for LEMG

I'm pretty certain its based on the one you posted in this thread after Jeffrey helped you out, as it contains my own customisations i applied after installing your file. Looks like i backed it up before i rebuilt my PC for P3Dv4

Give it a try, it works for me, even though i vaguely remember that i had to use SODE through its own menu (instead of GSX) at some gates as GSX gave me kind of a sode connection error. But i dont recall which gates were affected. 

lemg-jfanq_.ini

LEMG_simwings.xml

Our xml files matched exactly so that wasn't the problem. I did have a GSX ini file from my FSX install so I renamed that but still no joy. Renamed my own and used your GSX file but still the same result.

What I did notice was the path in your GSX file to the SODE bgl. Mine had an OFF extension which was odd. I renamed it to BGL thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't.

I had en email in June advising an update for Malaga is available. Although it's only for v4 compatibility I'm going to uninstall my existing version and try that. I've run out of options really because I'm still getting the door too far away message for Concorde which I know should be handled by the aircraftparameters.ini file but it isn't.

Did you have some kind of interface to toggle SODE on/off for Malaga? Otherwise how does that file extension change from OFF to bgl?

15 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What I did notice was the path in your GSX file to the SODE bgl. Mine had an OFF extension which was odd. I renamed it to BGL thinking that would solve the problem. It didn't.

Did you have some kind of interface to toggle SODE on/off for Malaga? Otherwise how does that file extension change from OFF to bgl?

Hmm, the .off extension for the SODE bgl would indicate that LEMG was installed with default (CTRL+J) jetways, however i'm not sure if its switched through the config tool (like most Aerosoft sceneries) or when you install the scenery. If you rename it manually to .bgl make sure that you switch the default Jetway BGL to off, otherwise you will have duplicated jetways

I would too suggest a full reinstall using the most recent version and making sure that it installs with SODE option. 

Thanks woozie. An uninstall and reinstall of 1.04 has fixed the problem. The SODE option is provided during the install. Maybe it does more than just change the BGL extension.

BUT!!! I still had to manually change the xml entries from PARKING to GATE as they are still wrong. Simwings / Aerosoft really do need to sort this out. It's not good! :(

Glad to hear its working now Ray

And yes, agree on your red comment, quite lazy by the devs, not much effort required to fix this. But hey its Aerosoft/SimWings, we can be glad that it even supports SODE ;)

Archived