Annual poll on platform

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

What is your standard simulator  

1727 members have voted

1. 1. What is the flight simulator you mainly use (multiple answers possible)

• FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • FS2004
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
  2. 2. Do you think you will be switching platforms in the next 6 months?

• Yes, to FSX
    • Yes, to P3D V3
    • Yes, to X-Plane 10
    • Yes to another Flight Simulator
    • Nope, happy as a clam with my current platform.
    • Yes to X-Plane 11

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Aerosoft.

Currently using P3D v3 and sometimes FSX non steam edition from time to time if I have addons that do not function well in P3D etc.
Not looking to change, at moment, probably will wait and see what happens about P3D V4 and also see what Dovetail are upto regarding their new Flight Simulator, but think I will stick with P3D path for sure at moment.

Keep up the good work

I use FSX:Steam Edition.
Actually I own FSX Deluxe (Box) too.
I'm not good enough to try IVAO or VATSIM for the reason that I'm a beginner.
My demand is for playing online with a massive people, who is a beginner like me. So I decided to get FSX:Steam Edition.
I have a plan soon to move to P3D due to it's feature and also that I'm taking more serious about flight sim (educate).
Currently I also use DTG's Flight School.

Hi!

I currently use FSX Acceleration! I'm not sure if I change sim in the next months, just because I don't have enough time to install addons and too much money for update. I'm satisfied with FSX and the quality of the compatible addons!

Continue the good work!

Antonio

FSX Steam, no plans to change

I will change only for another 64 plataform working very similar as FSX: freeware / payware addons +  very arcade / very realistic options to play + civil and military fight destruction options.
The choice is the key for a successful simulator 

FSX SP2, and no plans to change that at the moment. Why? I would throw away some hundreds (thousands? i don't dare to calculate..) of euros investments in addons.

Xplane lacks immersive addons liked the MJC Q400, PMDG or A2A products.

P3D is interesting, but I would have to rebuy some of the addons for a full price, something I don't support. And while it is a nice sim, it's only an improved FSX 32bit with all its limitations.

Very satisfied with FSX-SE (Dovetail did a fantastic job here) and running quite stable and good frame rates on a 6 year old PC, where I had many trouble with FSX. Just bought P3D to try. Major plus of these two is the amount of add-ons available.

I tried X-plane-10 as well as this was the only 64-bit flight sim, but it just won't run at satisfactory framerates on my older PC. Will definitely try X-Plane again when I have a new PC.

Hope Aerosoft continues to support FSX-SE and P3D and also that you buy add-ons once to use on both platforms!

Good flight :-)

Actually I'm using P3DV3, hoping there will be an AES implementation in the near future. I switched from FSX:SE to P3D earlier this year, and hope there will be a native 64 bit equipped P3D V3.X for a better VAS usage soon.

My P3D is running very well, and I'm counting the days until the release of the CRJ and Aerosoft's A330. I hope to see them at the Flightsim 2016 at Cosford in Oct.

I wish you happy works on the new planes /sceneries and always happy landings.

Kind regards, Sascha

I'm using X-Plane 10 at the moment, and I would probably strongly consider moving to the likes of P3d should it become a 64bit application.  I don't feel as if I can be confident enough to truly trust the software and so I will be happily staying with X-Plane for the time being.

Sticking with P3D V3 for the forseeable future as my primary. However, I really do enjoy X-plane 10. The stock X-plane I feel looks and acts superior to stock FSX or P3D but with all the add-ons available for FSX/P3D, it's a no-brainer which is the more robust platform at this point in time. This could change with a lot of great content coming out for X-plane now. Would love to see more tubeliners for X-plane! Should mention I have a beefy computer so framerates are not an issue for either FSX/P3D or X-plane so there is no bias from me towards framerates. Purely the add-on availability and flight models for arguing my case here.

I have just recently switched to FSX:Steam having been an avid user of FS9 for the past 8 years. So far, so good with FSX:SE with all my Aerosoft Mega airports and PMDG NGX all running fine. The only drawback so far is no AES compatibility with FSX:SE but hopefully the Rocket Scientists at Aerosoft will fix that soon!

Last year I gave FSX Acc a brief try but got fed up with its instability and the constant crash to desktops. I happily returned to FS9.

Archived