Annual poll on platform

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

What is your standard simulator  

1727 members have voted

1. 1. What is the flight simulator you mainly use (multiple answers possible)

• FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • FS2004
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
  2. 2. Do you think you will be switching platforms in the next 6 months?

• Yes, to FSX
    • Yes, to P3D V3
    • Yes, to X-Plane 10
    • Yes to another Flight Simulator
    • Nope, happy as a clam with my current platform.
    • Yes to X-Plane 11

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, flexxxHD said:

Wow more P3D users than FSX....that was unexpected

Not really. Most FSX users are not really active in the online communities. Heck, in support we even still see many FSX simmers who don't even connect internet to their FSX computers because they believe it increases performance of the sim.

Been a long term user of P3D now and never use FSX at all, I think the end is finally in sight for the long standing FSX which is sad but good also P3D has been an excellent change and enhancement to flight sim and can only get better as time goes on, although I am interested in what X-Plane 11 will offer when that gets released

9 minutes ago, AndrewOne77 said:

I would move to using XP10 exclusively if they would update or replace XSquawkbox. So until then I'm on P3D v2 and probably moving to v3 soon. 

Never got why they don't build it into the sim somehow. That'd be ideal and I kind of doubt the amount of work required. Of course it takes work, but there's a basis with XSB and all the other programs out there.

I use FSX sp2 at the moment I know most addons can be used in both fsx and p3d however there are a few that need bought again to change platform and I just don't have that money to spare at the moment.

Currently using FSX SP2 but really thinking of switching to P3D V3 academic in the near future. Friend of mine has it (pc same specs), much better fps, more smooth, better graphics with the HDR lighting option! FSX wether we like it or not is becoming obsolete. It has served as well all these years no complain about it, but developers must aim for P3D i think. If there was full product compatibility with P3D i wouldnt think of it at all switching tommorow! AES would be a nice touch and addon sceneries. 

vor 26 Minuten, Emanuel Hagen sagte:

Not really. Most FSX users are not really active in the online communities. Heck, in support we even still see many FSX simmers who don't even connect internet to their FSX computers because they believe it increases performance of the sim.

Well , the same can be said but also about the P3D users .
Many are indeed switched from FSX P3D on and can purchased Addons Aerosoft use in P3D continue .
Therefore, perhaps the sales figures do not fall so on especially when P3D for old products .

Falls falsch übersetzt wurde ;)
Naja, das gleiche kann man aber auch über die P3D User sagen. Viele sind ja von FSX auf P3D umgestiegen und können die gekauften Addons von Aerosoft auch in P3D weiter benutzen. 
Deshalb fallen vielleicht die Verkaufszahlen nicht so besonders bei P3D für die alten Produkte auf.  

Gruß

Bernhard

Using P3Dv3 and X-Plane 10. I've used FSX:SE while transitioning to P3D (building up my scenery base and installing everything). I have now completely made FSX:SE obsolete. I use X-Plane 10 for the IXEG 737 and for the lovely night lighting, but P3D is my primary sim for 95% of my flying.

Switched to FSX:SE from SP2 boxed some time ago. My puter is 7 years old and not able to do P3D as well as I'd like, while my old FSX boxed became riddled with issues. Also I wanted to swap out my old UTX + GEX for ORBX stuff. 

After upping to FSX:SE all my old addons are working great, sim is more stable and runs a bit faster with lots of ORBX stuff in there.

For now, very happy puppy.

Archived