ASK 21 Vario / Descent Issue

Avio

Hi Joachim,

I was thinking of buying the ASK 21 but I saw on Youtube by a real world ASK 21 pilot that the simulated model's sink rate of 2 knots under no lift condition is not correct, as he said his experience in the real thing is that it is possible to get less than 2 knots (0.5 knot I think) when flying in no lift.

Would like to know is this the case, and has it been fixed? Thanks.

Avio

Hi,

I don't know the video, but I know the real plane very well.

The performance data of the simulated ASK21 is almost spot on. The instrumentation however is not 100% accurate, just like in the real thing ;-) (so the simulation is very good).

The guy in the video can only compare indicated numbers. They are never 100% accurate :-)

Bests, Joachim

Thanks Joachim. I finally bought it and after testing found that indeed some of the MI models (red paint) do show a constant 2 m/s descent on the gauge. Only the first MI model (blue paint) in the aircraft selection screen shows a 1 m/s descent under no updraft condition. Rather unusual.

Well a 2ms indication without sink is unusual except for the netto vario on the ground. This is normal. The reading in the air is pretty accurate though.

I think the gauge shows battery discharge or something on the ground. The original has this strange reading as well.

However, the mechanical variometer should read zero on the ground.

Bests, Joachim

Archived