Vertical speed indicator

miroslavmurin

Hello,

I noticed strange indication of VSI. I set autopilot to descent 1000 fpm. VSI shows about 400fpm. But I measured time (1 minute) and aircraft descended 1000 ft. So VSI probably doesn't work properly. Could you check it, please?

Please login to display this image.

On 9/20/2016 at 6:43 PM, miroslavmurin said:

What about F3 version? Is it possible to fix it?

Hi Miro

To correct ithe F3 would mean  replacing the whole vc model, and with the changes I have since made to the codes and textures , without hours of checking I might introduce more problems

The error is only on the low end of the range , as I animated the gauge on a linear movement rather than the progressive increase it should have.,

The gauge would not have been that accurate anyway ( with the Lightnings climb rate it was on the stops most of the time!), and the pilots never had a tooltip to tell them otherwise:0).

if you are desperate for the accuracy I can re-do the texture of the gauge face for you with a linear scale so it will read correctly over the ful scale 

Cheers

Dave

I didn't know it is that hard to fix it. I use VSI during landing only, to maintain constant rate of descent. So I can stay with that. No need to make so complex corrections.

It is one of my best aircrafts anyway.

Regards,

Miro

On 9/22/2016 at 0:58 PM, miroslavmurin said:

I didn't know it is that hard to fix it. I use VSI during landing only, to maintain constant rate of descent. So I can stay with that. No need to make so complex corrections.

It is one of my best aircrafts anyway.

Regards,

Miro

Hi Miro

Here you go , unzip this and drop the files into the texture.common folder overwriting the originals.I have regraduated the VSI face to match the needle movement.

Cheers

Dave

Archived