Livery manager issue - A318/19/20/21 P3d V3

ldee247

Hi, can you please help I'm having issues with Livery manager it's failing to install addon liveries. I have tried uninstalling all my A318-321 and do a fresh install still the same thing is happening.When I launch Airbus Livery manager from fresh install it's prompting me to point where the sim is installed in my case C:\Prepar3D v3.

Upon adding new livery selecting my newly downloaded unextracted livery folder from Aerosoft it shows its installing but then after nothing shows in the preview window:  

Please login to display this image.

I have checked and realised the Aerosoft Livery Manager is only adding the part in the aircraft.cfg and failing to input the texture.folder, but if I extract the folder manually that's the only way when I get to install individual livery. 

Is there a workaround to fix this issue or its a bug? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

regards

Lloyd

Hi Tom A320,

Thanks for the response, yes sure I'm starting Livery manager as administrator.

Herewith is the link to one of the liveries I tried that didn't work:  

Regards

Lloyd

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Lloyd,

I also got the livery only to work (after having added it via the Livery Manager) by manually copying the texture folder from the zip file into the proper SimObjects folder and by modifying the "texture" value in the aircraft.cfg file to the correct value (novair_SERDO).

I am not too deep into livery management, but I know that not all liveries can be installed with the Livery Manager.

Here is a very good post covering all the relevant information:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for making it very clear that explains it, thanks for the post covering all the relevant information I really appreciate your support.

Kind regards

Lloyd

Archived