no airpots in database

lschechter

good morning

I'm having an issue with my MCDU 1. When I input any airport in the MCDU I'm getting a response that it's not in the database. I tried several different ones and all are reporting the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you please post a screenshot of the initial MCDU screen after powering up, or the DATA - A/C STATUS page? (in .jpd or.png format, not .bmp please)

Hello again

Here's two screenshots. One of the mcdu page as it looks initially. The second is the Init page. I properly keyed in airport ICAO codes but no luck.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no navigation database configured. 

Please start the Airbus configurator (as administrator) and select the database provider you are using (NavDataPro or Navigraph). 

Hey again Tom

I've purchased a subscription to Navigraph so I can have an airport database for my Airbus A319, 320 program. I'm trying to run the airbus configurator on my machine but when I hit the start button I get the message sharedconfig.cfg no in c:\users\home\documents\airbus\ folder. Now I bought the Aerosoft A319, 320 program and the configurator looks like it's for the AirbusX software. Is it just for that or both? If it is for both what do I need to do to get rid of the message? If it's just for airbusX, do I need to run the configurator in order to get the airports into the plane's database?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems as if a lot of things went wrong with your installation:

As the Airbus comes per default with a navigation database (NavdataPro) you shouldn't get at all what you see in your scrennshot above. And the sharedconfig.cfg is installed per default. You can add it manually by simpy creating an empty file with this name in the mentioned directory. But as there seem some other problems with your installation I did like you to check the following:
In your FSX root directory you should have the following folders:

- ..:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Airbus A318_A319

- ...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Airbus A320_A321

- ...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback

The last folder should have at least 2 subfolder

- NavdataPro

- TerrainOnND

Make a screenshot of the content of the folder NavdataPro and post it here

Also post a screenshot of the folder content from ...users\YOUR_USERNAME\My Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus

good morning mopperle

Per your request I have included the screenshots. Just for giggles I reinstalled the program but the .cfg file is still missing. Also, during the installation I saw that it was loading NavData data so I don't understand why the airports aren't coming up. I also checked again and see the .cfg file is still missing. I tried creating one in the appropriate directory by using  but it was showing up as a txt file. How can I create the file so that it shows as a .cfg file.

I

Morning Tom

I haven't used that guide, just ran the default installation. I'll try your guide next. If that doesn't work can I just put in the the .cfg and .ini files you show in your previous post? And if I can, where would I put them?

Great news! Tom

It worked! You're a genius

thanks a million!

I just have one favor. Can you go over to the diverse section and see if you can't take another crack as to why my align won't work in the cold and dark setup?

Archived