MCDU not working in P3D

Dudley

I have recently purchased P3D and want to install my A320 into it.  I get the Engine Unknown error and the aircraft is A0-0 - all the alpha numeric keys are inactive and various other problems. I have read various posts about similar problems and have reinstalled P3D and the Airbus as Admin. Also have followed Mathjis instructions on installation and deleting folders in user/documents etc. and still the problem persists.  Also the wheels are below the level of the tarmac. Any solutions (that I haven't tried)? P3D V3.3 on Win 10 by the way.

• Deputy Sheriffs

After the SimConnect installtion the next step would be to install/update your Microsoft VC++ Redistributeable packages. 

Please refer to this post for details:

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am surprised that you have newer versions than MS them self offer on their website.

What have you done to install the downloaded packages? Have you just started the installer and then got a hint that another version is already installed?

Yes, but I ran them anyway, and I got options to repair, which I accepted. I also get this message on some. no option to install

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As the problem couldn't be fixed by installing SimConnect and all VC++ packages I am afraid there is nothing else left, as re-installing the simulator. This has been proven to work for a the users who reported this exact some problem in the past.

I recall reading a while back that newer versions of P3D required add-ons installed outside the main P3D directory or something, is this something I need to consider perhaps?

• Deputy Sheriffs

They are not required but suggested to be installed outside of the P3D directory tree in the future. In the long term LM would like to separate their P3D from all 3rd party stuff to make updates/re-installs easier.

This surely is not the reason for your problem, because in that case ALL other Airbus users on P3D would face the very same problem. And they don't.

Well, I have re-installed, on a different drive, installed Simconnects,all 3 and it is still the same. Will just have to come to terms with fact that it doesn't work with P3D. Roll on FS 2016. To tell the truth, very little works with P3D, the Wilco A330 is buried in the tarmac too. A lot of sceneries have stuff missing. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem you are facing is not a general problem with P3Dv3. There are really a lot of users using the Aerosoft buses on P3Dv3 (including me) without any problems. 

Unfortunately it was never figured in the past what the exact cause of this problem was on the other machines where it occurred. The solution that worked in all cases was re-installing the entire simulator.

5 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The problem you are facing is not a general problem with P3Dv3. There are really a lot of users using the Aerosoft buses on P3Dv3 (including me) without any problems. 

Unfortunately it was never figured in the past what the exact cause of this problem was on the other machines where it occurred. The solution that worked in all cases was re-installing the entire simulator.

Well, you have one that doesn't work in a totally clean install now.  I have V3.3.5.17625, which I bought on Monday. I am thinking there maybe something wrong with this edition, as it doesn't seem to do anything very much.  I'll go and trawl the LM forums for a while.

I uninstalled P3D, then decided to have a fly in FSX to cheer myself up.  Anyway, I have to swap areas in Scenery Config Editor to try and prevent VAS errors, and I got an error from it saying it couldn't display lists for P3D, so it displayed the scenery.cfg text instead.  This got me wondering where it was finding it, as I had uninstalled P3D.  This got the old software developer in me wondering what was going on. I got CCleaner out and deleted the registry entries associated with LM.  As we all know the Windows registry is an open portal to hell, so I went through it with Regedit and deleted more entries for LM, mostly installation entries ( I have installed it a lot).  Then I checked with Scenery Config Editor, and the malformed scenery config is still hiding somewhere.  I then found a lot of config files in C;\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\  . So, I have deleted the LM directory, and reinstalled in the hope of having a truly clean install.  I restarted P3D, and the first thing I notice is that the Airbus is the default aircraft still, so it is still retaining information about the aircraft, but where? I have got into the game, and I'm afraid the problem remains. Do you have any info on how I scrub every last bit off my disk drives, before I install?

I might try running P3D on my second machine am I contravening my license, by running the bus on 2 different PCs? In fact I'm going to have to find out about a loft of add-ons I have, including Aerosoft scenery.

Hello You might be interested to know that I have installed P3D and the bus on my other machine, this machine has little other software running on it, except for browser, widefs and our ACARS  program.  But I get the same result. It was all installed as per instructions above.  There is no other addon installed, since I don't doubt your word that the bus runs fine on other systems (seen it myself on Youtube of course).  I can only conclude that LM have altered something in the latest build of P3D, which could be bad news for all of us. My release was issued on 06/09/16, this machine is Win 10 with all updates applied.. I identified another commonality between my two machines, that is, I run MS Mouse without Borders on both machines, however I uninstalled and that has made no difference.

Archived