PFPX version 127 doesnt start

Hi All,

Tom, sorry for not answering your mail, I went back to version 126 in the meantime. So no hurry on my side.

By the way, I just received a new update (128 ) from SimMarket.

I was wondering if my (our) XP issue fix was included with this new update.

I shall be waiting for your approval before installing it.

Anyway, thanks to all  for your support/reactions.

Regards,

George.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't know if FlightSimSoft was able to reproduce your problem. If not, and without any error event logs it might be difficult or impossible to find and fix the bug.

Sorry Tom but SimMarket is only selling your products, they don't code anything.

If they sent me an update, they probably got it from your PFPX development team.

Maybe could you check with them and let us know if version 128 includes version 127 (cumulative fixes) or if it is a new full install version.

And, of course, if the "very-old-fashioned-but-still-properly-working" XP issue is solved.

Thanks for your quick answer and support.

Regards,

George.

• Deputy Sheriffs

George,

I am not sure what you want to tell with referring to SimMarket. If you read my previous post I was referring to FlightSimSoft, which are the developers of PFPX. 

An issue can only be fixed by a vendor if it can be reproduced. Just because it shows up on your machine doesn't mean that it occurs on all other machines (running on XP) as well. And to be honest, I highly doubt that. Therefore it is not "the XP issue" like you are naming it. Yes, it is an issue on your machine, which has to be analysed in order to get fixed. Without any analysis there won't be any fix. That's what I tried to tell you in my previous answer.

It might be better to talk with FlightSimSoft directly to let them check what they can do. 

Therefore I would like to ask you open a support ticket on their webpage (http://www.flightsimsoft.com/). On the right side of the page you will find a "Support" button. Click it (instead of the support menu item) and fill out the ticket form.

Tom,

Deepest excuses, I though that this product was developed by Aerosoft team.

I'll get in touch with FlightSimSoft.

Sorry for inconveniences caused.

Regards,

George

• Deputy Sheriffs

George,

you haven't caused any inconveniences ;) You are looking for help and as Aerosoft is the publisher of PFPX this forum is the logical first place to go.

In many cases we are already able to solve problems here. But there are cases were we can only redirect users to the developer. 

Please report back here, if they were able to fix your problem.

Gents,

Got in touch with the developers and they answered that a specific XP fix (or new version of FPFX) should soon be issued.

So, dear XP users, keep your fingers crossed and use version 126 until problem is fixed.

Best regards,

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

FlightSimSoft currently suggests to go back to version 1.25 in case you are using Windows XP. If you haven't stored the installer locally anymore, it is still available from their website:

Archived