RFN Gauge and ILS Needles

ESzczesniak

I was wondering if anyone here is using the RFN gauge with the F-14X?  I have been trying to tidy up my CV experience and setup, and the RFN gauge would give me a nice set of features outside the Kittyhawk.  I am really just looking for the FLOLS attached to the carrier (not 2D gauge).  However, it seems that if I have this active, the ILS needles in the F-14X are not functional.

I was setting up the RFN gauge to use NAV2 (tuned to hard coded frequency 110.65 for empty Team SDB Enterprise) and using NAV1/TCN to tune to the hard coded 110.50 for the F-14X Team SDB Enterprise.  I spawn the carrier using TacPack.  The TCN and RFN FLOLS will work, but now the AWL/ILS needles.  If I disable the RFN gauge in the F-14X panel.cfg, the ILS needles work.  Anyone here understand why?  Thanks for any thoughts.

• 1 month later...

So if I understand correctly... you changed the radio configuration in the  version of the Aerosoft F-14 ( I say that because there are a few different model/panel files for that bird) so that NAV 2 would read the 116.xx frequency... to see the 3.5 deg FLOLS with the different deck lighting? So NAV1 was set to 110.5 for all cockpit/HUD displays to work and NAV 2 taking care of the FLOLS/lighting ? And it didn't work because you lost all cockpit/HUD data? 

Archived