[FSX] Malaga X disappearing edge lines

Er!k

• Developer

Lars (and duarte),
it took me nearly 2 days to download all that ORBX stuff and to unwrapp it and to install it into a clean (full install) P3D v3.35.17625, not an easy task on a system with small SSD´s :-)
What I installed:

FTX Global Version 1.40

FTX Vector Version 1.45

OLC-EU Version 1.20
New ORBX Library.

The result (I allways shut down P3D first before reloading changes):
Initial P3D release version of Malaga X and Malaga entries above ORBX stuff: Sometimes flipping color of RWY and concrete borders are layered wrong.
Initial P3D release version of Malaga X and Malaga entries below ORBX stuff: No flipping color of RWY/Taxilines, but concrete borders are still layered wrong.*

Test version of Malaga X and Malaga entries above ORBX stuff: Everything fine and perfect.
Test version of Malaga X and Malaga entries below ORBX stuff: Everything fine and perfect.

So what´s the conclusion: The test files of the ZIP file attached a few post before should do the job with all that ORBX stuff installed in P3D 3.35.
If it is different on you PC, there must be something else. Best guess a second Afcad (AFX) file from another sourse (like AI-traffic). Please look for any files containing "LEMG" at your install and try to deactive it temporarilly be renaming it to *.OFF. (The ORBX file ABP_LEMG.bgl can be unchanged it makes no difference).  And make sure that the file AFX_LEMG_ALT.bgl is present at P3D/scenery/world/scenery. It adjusts the airport height to 11 m.
Or maybe an ORBX udate/FTX central configuration or else went wrong some time ago... who knows. Hard to find for me.

Users of p3D 3.33 should keep the initial relase version of Malaga X, as the test files will cause a flipping RWY... just the other way like in P3D 3.35

Thorsten

*Flipping of RWY color only appears when I change order in the scenery library and P3D reloads the scenery without shutting down P3D first. I NEVER saw color flipping of the yellow center line, under no circumstances

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello thanks for your tests so what you trying to say is that users with the version 3.3 which is the one I have you want me to keep the 1 version of your Malaga that I didn't have jet bridges at all ????it's funny cos I have almost 30 scenery add ons and this is the only one one that this is happening it only happens wen I pan the camera so it must be from your installers not from the others like orbx

Thanks Thorsten,

at least, now you´ve gone through ORBX Installation, a real "P.I.T.A" :D , btw. thanks again for testing.

So, i´ll give it the last try and install it again, following your instructions and see what comes up.

Regards, Lars

• Developer
vor 16 Stunden , duartevieira sagte:

Hello thanks for your tests so what you trying to say is that users with the version 3.3 which is the one I have you want me to keep the 1 version of your Malaga that I didn't have jet bridges at all ????it's funny cos I have almost 30 scenery add ons and this is the only one one that this is happening it only happens wen I pan the camera so it must be from your installers not from the others like orbx

Nope.
What I said is that if you have P3D 3.33 (the third "3" is important) you´r fine with the Malaga 1.01 Installer Version. If you have P3D 3.35 ("35" instead of "33") and discover some flippings
of ground layers you should use the test files I uploaded a few posts ago. When you don´t have this flippings at other airports they perhaps use the old asm technique and not the P3D technique I used. Unfortunately LM did some changes from 3.33 to 3.35 version causing this little mess.
My tests show that ORBX (when correctly installed and with default settings) will not cause problems. It is simply the difference between P3D 3.33 and 3.35 and maybe some other afcad files for LEMG area.

Hi Thorsten,

I don`t know if it has already been mentioned somehwere but I have a issue with the PAPIs approaching RWY13. On Final they are moving on the runway ...

P3D latest Version.

BTW Very nice scenery!!!

Thanks,

Holger   

• Developer
vor 10 Stunden , HolgerH sagte:

Hi Thorsten,

I don`t know if it has already been mentioned somehwere but I have a issue with the PAPIs approaching RWY13. On Final they are moving on the runway ...

P3D latest Version.

BTW Very nice scenery!!!

Thanks,

Holger   

Only at RWY13? At the other RWS´s it is OK?

I don´t know only landed at RWY13 so far on a yesterday online flight. What I can say is that a friend of mine have the same problem (also p3d). Will check the other rwys as soon as I can.

Thanks!

On 9/5/2016 at 5:53 PM, HolgerH said:

I don´t know only landed at RWY13 so far on a yesterday online flight. What I can say is that a friend of mine have the same problem (also p3d). Will check the other rwys as soon as I can.

Thanks!

@Autopiloth

i think i know what you mean, i just did my first flight down to LEMG from EKCH and noticed the same thing, (i've seen it in at least one stream before i flew there myself)

When i got the scenery i loaded it up without the testfiles, and i had the flickering problem, i then applied the fix/testfiles and the problem was fixed as long so as you load up the scenery from scratch. I have only done 1 flight so this is not much to base all this on but i will continue to test and report my findings

When you approach the airport everything looks fine until you reach about 200-100 feet. By then the papi lights on runway 13 disappear, and as you touch down the textures for the papi lighthouses pops up in the middle of the runway. After you vacate you get those flickering taxi line textures (just as before you applied the fix/test files) around the terminals. i noticed that after i parked up at the gate and tried to slew around after being on the ground 5-6 minutes the problem disappeared and i had no flickering textures.

I run P3D V3.3.5 on Windows 10 and i have Orbx Vector/global with the latest library and Malaga x is placed below Orbx libs and above every other orbx product in the scenery library.

EDIT: Please note that this is not my footage but if you look at this at around 2 hours, 43min 20secs you can see the the papi lights disappear and if you look closely you can see them on the runway as the plane gets is about to touch down. But i did not notice in this clip that the taxi line textures flicker as they do in my sim.

https://www.twitch.tv/joefsx/v/86809586

• Developer

Ok, here we go: I thought that ORBX is the culprit as all of you having problems using ORBX in combination with P3D. But by now it seems to me that there is a aircraft related problem with the custom made PAPI. I flew in from 60 km with the default King Air 350 and had no problems at all.
We could do two things:

-Try the attached file that replaces the PAPI lights with a slightly altered techniqe and test it with your used aicraft (Airbus from Aerosoft I guess)
(You don´t have to go for 3h, just minimo 60 km away would be enough since the scenery is not yet loaded)
OR
-Let the PAPI lights untouched and use a default aircraft like the King Air and report if the PAPI still behave strange and dissapear.

PS: I have made a clean P3D 3.35 install and installed all that ORBX stuff after, but I get wrong textures (blue or field textures) mixed within the landclasses when flying around. Is this a known problem?

Papi Test.zip

4 hours ago, Autopiloth said:

Had no problems so far. Can you please tell me which Aircraft you used? Maybe that is the problem, not ORBX?

i flew the Aerosoft airbus A319 IAE when i encountered the problem.

i'll perform the tests as instructed and get back to you.

Obviously my sim decided to be a bitch and not do as i want it to.

All below is done with the same settings, aircraft, time of day and files as yesterday so without the new file you uploaded today.

I did a few tests in the airbus, but  i cannot get it to recreate the bug where the papis appears on the runway, i spawned in at LEMD approximately 220 miles from LEMG and slewed until i was 30 miles from LEMG. Then flew in the rest of the way but i did not see the Papi bug the three times i tried this. Though i still see the texture flicker bug see recording below. (The recording is a bit stuttery but you get the point it is not the scenery or the sim performing bad just to clarify) If i rebuild my scenery library the flickering disappears again, The recording was made shortly after landing.

I did 1 test from LEMD in the king air and got the same result as above with no papi bug but with texture flickering

I'll try do a proper flight to LEMG again and see if that will trigger the papi bug, i'll report back with my findings when i get around to doing to the flight.

• Developer

Thanx Frederik for testing,

about the "flipping" taxiwayline: It is caused by the yellow line going over or below the concrete/asphalt detail layers.
But I dont know why this happens, as it won´t happen at my PC and I can see no logical reason since the layers are
done with P3D SDk and the yellow line should draw after the asphalt (which it does when loading the scenery directly)
Sure I´ll fix this in the future but didn´t find the culprit yet.

About the Papis: Well, maybe you´re using some other add ons like EZ camera or else you did not use the second time?
An error that is not reproducable is relly annoying as I have no chance to change files and test it.

Anyway: While testing goes on: I´ll be absent till monday, so enough time for testing :-)

I added a short list notes for testing/reporting:
- Am I using the same add ons like camera, multiplayer, etc... ?
- Did I check for other afcad files for LEMG ?
- Is P3D a fresh full install or a patched version (which could mean that the update went wrong)
- Which aircraft did I use, does it happen with all, or only one?

Finally, if we´ll not find the culprit I´ll change the entire p3D ground to other techniques (taking the PAPI from afcad file for instance),
that it will work also on your PC.

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

Glad you are here I sent you a PM about EGLL and LEPA.

I am having slight issues in performance and flickering in EGLL in P3D is there a way to turn off traffic like there is in LEPA.

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

Hello Thorsten.

I saw the issue after another flight down to Malaga from EKCH, I noticed that the problem appeared again on approach where the papi on RW12 was missing and the papi on RW13 went missing as I was touching down.

After landing, I spawned in as an observer on the runway and it turned out that, the AI models (I think) mess something up. The papi lights kept moving from the correct position to the middle of the runway as I logged in and out of Vatsim so the conclusion is that the AI models must be the cause of the issue. (see video below)

The taxi line flickering happens in the NGX as well as the AS airbus. i tried some of the default views and the taxi line flickering is present in those, so that rules out Ezdok as the problem as well i would assume?

Answer to your questions:

• I used the same addons through all the testing except this last one, which I did in the NGX instead of the AS Airbus.
  • I did not find any other AFD file for LEMG
  • My P3D Is a patched version of V3.0. https://gyazo.com/ce12d221496198d1583f5dca62a6b28b

vor 6 Stunden , Frederik Pedersen sagte:

After landing, I spawned in as an observer on the runway and it turned out that, the AI models (I think) mess something up. The papi lights kept moving from the correct position to the middle of the runway as I logged in and out of Vatsim so the conclusion is that the AI models must be the cause of the issue. (see video below)

interesting point!

in another thread (about rotating signs in EGLL) it was mentioned that old FS9 AI models may be the reason for triggering some strange effects

23 minutes ago, data63 said:

interesting point!

in another thread (about rotating signs in EGLL) it was mentioned that old FS9 AI models may be the reason for triggering some strange effects

My first thought was also if any other known issues that people have with other sceneries (not just AS) could be related to this :) 

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 8. September 2016 at 11:58, Autopiloth sagte:

Ok, here we go: I thought that ORBX is the culprit as all of you having problems using ORBX in combination with P3D. But by now it seems to me that there is a aircraft related problem with the custom made PAPI. I flew in from 60 km with the default King Air 350 and had no problems at all.
We could do two things:

-Try the attached file that replaces the PAPI lights with a slightly altered techniqe and test it with your used aicraft (Airbus from Aerosoft I guess)
(You don´t have to go for 3h, just minimo 60 km away would be enough since the scenery is not yet loaded)
OR
-Let the PAPI lights untouched and use a default aircraft like the King Air and report if the PAPI still behave strange and dissapear.

PS: I have made a clean P3D 3.35 install and installed all that ORBX stuff after, but I get wrong textures (blue or field textures) mixed within the landclasses when flying around. Is this a known problem?

Papi Test.zip

Your Problem with the textures in ORBX sounds like an incomplete migration of the  ORBX regions. There was a major change in the last weeks. 

Check here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/117655-troubleshooting-unified-lclookup-migration-issues/

• Developer
vor 43 Minuten, Frederik Pedersen sagte:

@Autopiloth

Any chance you can comment on the post(41) above ? :) 

yepp.
At first thanks for testing and the video. So by now we have 2 P3D problems, PAPI and Flipping of twy lines.
About the PAPI: I don´t have Vatsim, but when the PAPI rotation calls get messed up by an FS9 coded AI aircraft,
there must be something wrong with the AI aircraft OR with P3D itself. I cannot do a lot against this despite changing the entire
PAPI technology to default (which will be the ultimo ratio).
But since FS9 AI aircraft seem to do strange things also in other locations/sceneries it may be worth to wait for a P3D update? Don´t know.
Did you test the PAPI of the Zip file? Because we have changed some coding to avoid the wrong rotations with possible rotation call conflicts?

About the TWY line flipping: I´m still into Investigations and will setup a new (also P3D SDK) ground for testing. It "may" be related to P3D as well,
because the version before killed ground Layering (of old ASM code) and the new Version brought it back. But maybe this time LM messed up the P3D SDK
ground layering.... In fact it looks like not keeping the right drawing order for whatever reason.

Will get back on this soon.
Thorsten

On 11.9.2016 at 11:13, masterhawk sagte:

Your Problem with the textures in ORBX sounds like an incomplete migration of the  ORBX regions. There was a major change in the last weeks. 

Check here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/117655-troubleshooting-unified-lclookup-migration-issues/

Thanks. Seems like I have to register at ORBX´s forum. Will do later.

1 hour ago, Autopiloth said:

yepp.
At first thanks for testing and the video. So by now we have 2 P3D problems, PAPI and Flipping of twy lines.
About the PAPI: I don´t have Vatsim, but when the PAPI rotation calls get messed up by an FS9 coded AI aircraft,
there must be something wrong with the AI aircraft OR with P3D itself. I cannot do a lot against this despite changing the entire
PAPI technology to default (which will be the ultimo ratio).
But since FS9 AI aircraft seem to do strange things also in other locations/sceneries it may be worth to wait for a P3D update? Don´t know.
Did you test the PAPI of the Zip file? Because we have changed some coding to avoid the wrong rotations with possible rotation call conflicts?

About the TWY line flipping: I´m still into Investigations and will setup a new (also P3D SDK) ground for testing. It "may" be related to P3D as well,
because the version before killed ground Layering (of old ASM code) and the new Version brought it back. But maybe this time LM messed up the P3D SDK
ground layering.... In fact it looks like not keeping the right drawing order for whatever reason.

Will get back on this soon.
Thorsten

Thanks. Seems like I have to register at ORBX´s forum. Will do later.

I just tried the "PAPI TEST" file and it sadly did not solve the problem. i dunno why i forgot that while making the vid :S

• Developer

Today P3D 3.4 has been released. In the release note is listed:

-Support for alpha blending for custom zbias layering
I hope this will solve the flipping issue of lines. I don´t understand why this is listed as a new feature because it is allready described in the 3.3 SDK.
Anyway: This is 100% related to ground polys and I´m very confident that it will solve the line flipping error.
I dont know if 3.4 will also cure the FS9 AI aircraft issue with PAPIS or else. As I cannot reproduce it, maybe someone could report how 3.4 behaves in that case.

Thorsten

1 hour ago, Autopiloth said:

Today P3D 3.4 has been released. In the release note is listed:

-Support for alpha blending for custom zbias layering
I hope this will solve the flipping issue of lines. I don´t understand why this is listed as a new feature because it is allready described in the 3.3 SDK.
Anyway: This is 100% related to ground polys and I´m very confident that it will solve the line flipping error.
I dont know if 3.4 will also cure the FS9 AI aircraft issue with PAPIS or else. As I cannot reproduce it, maybe someone could report how 3.4 behaves in that case.

Thorsten

I am holding off a bit with updating mine from 3.3 to 3.4 until addons like GSX, AS16, Ezdok and a few others have been made compatible. When they and the update is complete i'll report if it solved the problem for me, expect 2-3 weeks :) 

• 1 month later...

Archived