[FSX] Malaga X disappearing edge lines

Er!k

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Thorsten,

first thing, very nice scenery, but i´m having a similar problem, using P3D 3.35 . All the Taxiway and Apron markings/lines  change from the normal yellow to a darker brownish color when i change the viewing angle , the same happens with the Runway lines and numbers, it seems they vanish as i pan around and suddenly come back.

Here some screenshots for comparison :

Taxiways normal

Please login to display this image.

Taxiway Lines dark :

Runway Normal :

Runway lines darker / vanished :

I,m using ORBX Global, Vector (ran the Vector AEC tool after installation), and OLC-EU, Never had any other LEMG installed and checked for duplicates.

Your help is greatly appreciated !

Regards, Lars

P.S.. Forgot to mention that this was before applying your SODE hotfix, unfortunately after applying the hotfix nothing has changed.

• Developer

Well,

that seems strange. The only guess at the moment: Do you use "Use shadow for non shadow flagged objects" in p3D settings? Since the lines are semi transparent this could be the reason.

One question to make sure it is the right sim version: Is there a file "LEMG_P3D_blueRE.bgl" in the MalagaAirport/Scenery directory among others starting with LEMG_P3D.... ?

2 hours ago, Autopiloth said:

Please try this file "LEMGRand.bgl" (overwrite the same file at MalagaAirport/scenery)
FSX (FSX.SE) ONLY!!!!!!!!  Do NOT use in P3D.

LEMG_border_FSXONLY.zip

Hi Thorsten, many thanks for the quick fix. This indeed solves the issue for me!

Hi Thorsten,

thanks for your reply.

49 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

Do you use "Use shadow for non shadow flagged objects" in p3D settings?

No, it´s unticked.

49 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

One question to make sure it is the right sim version: Is there a file "LEMG_P3D_blueRE.bgl" in the MalagaAirport/Scenery directory among others starting with LEMG_P3D.... ?

Yes, installed the P3D V3 versión

I´ve reinstalled (as Admin.), cleared the Shader Cache, rebooted, so i´m a bit clueless right now.

Regards, Lars

• Developer

Lars,

thanks for your post. The good news is that I can reproduce the error on my system, but only for the RWY. Yellow taxiwaylines remain normal.
I´m actually checking it, seems to be a problem with the new Z-Layering of ground polys. Since LM will cut
the use of Asm ground polys in the future they substituted it with their own system, which I used, but it seems to cause some problems
depending on ______ ?

Will report.

Thanks Thorsten,

Glad to see you found the culprit !

Yesterday evening i spent a few hours fiddling around with "all" available P3D settings, just to see if any changes would cure this issue, guess what : without success :)

Actually it´s the only airport i´m having this problems with, your other releases work great.

Let me know if you want me to try / test any files or if you need my exact specs, i´ll be glad to help you .

Regards, Lars

• Developer

Hi Lars,

seems like Version 3.35 has somewhat killed the new layering methods introduced by LM. We have tested 3.33 and it works
without problems, but not 3.35. My problem is, I can change whatever I want: it will remain an unpredictable behaviour of the ground polys flipping above others.

Working on it.

• Developer

Lars,

it was a little tricky. Indeed there were some (of course undocumented)  changes or bugs from 3.33 to 3.35 regarding the new P3D layering system.
But I hopefully have solved it now. On two PC´s with 3.35 it is working without problems now.
Attached a Zip with test files to see if it solves the issue for you.  Simply replace the original files with this new ones and report.

ATTENTION: P3D V 3.35xxxx ONLY!!!!!  P3D V 3.33xxxx should not cause any problems.

Thorsten

P3D_LAYERING_TEST.zip

Hi Thorsten,

after reinstalling LEMG, i conducted some tests, but unfortunately, after applying your "Test-files", the issue remains exactly as before, no improvement.

There might be a little Gremlin somewhere on my system :) . Sorry for the bad news !

Regards, Lars

Is there going to be a formal update available on the Aerosoft site for all these bugs I'm reading about? Or a V2 scenery available? Thanks.

• Developer
vor 1 hour , rocky sagte:

Is there going to be a formal update available on the Aerosoft site for all these bugs I'm reading about? Or a V2 scenery available? Thanks.

There are currently no bugs. The Installer is allready updated to V1.01 concerning the SODE recognition.
The case we´re discussing here is by now only reported from one user and we are investigating. Of course, if any further updates will be needed,
there will be a new Installer 1.02.

• Developer
vor 2 Stunden , GCRR sagte:

Hi Thorsten,

after reinstalling LEMG, i conducted some tests, but unfortunately, after applying your "Test-files", the issue remains exactly as before, no improvement.

There might be a little Gremlin somewhere on my system :) . Sorry for the bad news !

Regards, Lars

Well, not what I wanted to hear. By now it seems to me that one of these: ORBX Global, Vector and OLC-EU are the culprits. As I mentioned: on 2 PC we had discovered a slight flipping of the RWY lines which is fixed right now for 3.35 (3.33 no problems at all) and since you´re the only one reporting this error I´ll investigate in ORBX or OLC direction. Could you please tell me which versions you´re exactly using, that I can get my hands on it for any further investigations. At best use my email mail[AT]sim-wings.de that we can share our problems. Will report here as soon as any solution for Lars´s problem will be discovered.

Thorsten

Thorsten,

just wrote you an email and performed some tests in P3D, so i didn´t see this post, sorry.

33 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

following this thread at the P3D forum: Could you please try to postion the Malaga entries below the ORBX lib stuff?
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6307&t=119373

Tested and yes, it works putting the three SimWings entries below all Orbx stuff, just above the "Bathymetry" layer and below "ORBX!OPENLC_Base"

Great news, at least we know what to do, many thanks :)

Regards, Lars

hello i am having this issue on the edge lines all over the scenery as i move the camera views it changes the colours of the lines from dark to light and vice versa  there is some shots to show what i mean my sim is versio 3.33 not35 ans i use orbx vector base open lc etc...  have put marks n them so you can see thank you.

2016-9-1_11-51-28-396.bmp

2016-9-1_11-51-25-512.bmp

2016-9-1_11-49-7-753.bmp

2016-9-1_11-49-5-530.bmp

• Developer

I´m actually downloading tons of GB for FTXglobal, FTXvector and FTXopenLC EU to nail down the problem in the Orbx files for the Malaga region.
Will report asap. But it could take some time.

16 hours ago, Autopiloth said:

There are currently no bugs. The Installer is allready updated to V1.01 concerning the SODE recognition.
The case we´re discussing here is by now only reported from one user and we are investigating. Of course, if any further updates will be needed,
there will be a new Installer 1.02.

Thanks for the clarification, appreciated.

Archived