throttle issues - black widow joystick

I've just purchased Aerosoft Airbus Bundle having used a different airbus addon for fsx.

I heard good things about this and wanted to give it a go. However I am experiencing a problem with the throttle.

I am using a speedlink black widow joystick but at takeoff I advanced the thrust lever and it seems to have a large deadzone before it advances (I don't think the reverse range works at all).

At thrust reduction altitude I try to put the throttle into the clb detent but it doesn't do anything. I think it just says 'thr lever' the speed bleeds off and I get a master caution.

Please advise if this is a bug or something wrong with my settings?

Thanks

Charlie

sorted dead zone issue out. just reinstalled the drivers and recalibrated. I guess the reverse thrust range is not controllable with the joystick...maybe the keyboard?

Anyway it still won't go into the climb detent. Visually I can see it in the climb detent but climb mode doesn't engage.

Any suggestions please?

Reverse thrust will have to be controlled via the F2 key (default) unless your throttle will trigger a button (such as other throttles do).  Also, I believe you can use the Registered version FSUIPC to set a throttle range for reverse thrust.

The climb detent is just a position of the throttle, nothing special about it.  If your joystick will reach TOGA, then reducing to climb shouldn't be a problem.  You might have to adjust your dead zone and sensitivity in FSX/P3D Control Settings.

Best wishes.

thanks. will check out the reverse thrust key or possible configuration of the joystick. I'm actually looking at replacing the joystick but struggling to find a decent airbus like alternative.

Regarding the climb gate. It is just another thrust position but in terms of autothrust when it flashes 'lever climb', reducing it to the climb gate should put autothrust in climb mode and change the FMA. It doesn't do this.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks  

Archived