ALTA X AND Svolvaer X SODE

mirage9

Hey AS TEAM.

I already have a post on forum about my problem with ALTA X  which means I cant use it coz SODE.

I bought week ago SVOLVAER X and .....again SODE problem.

My SODE version is 1.3.4

Both Airport are not working.Only base image is displayed but there is no autogen,buildings,wrong elevations etc.

Do u have any solution for it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please post the SODE log file here, so that we can have a look if it gives a hint on what's going wrong on your system:

• C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log\SODE.log

Here is a screenshot.

AS u can see some textures are not working because Im trying to find out walk around for SODE 1.3.4

I was luckly once due I was able to start FSX with working ALTA but i forgot what modyfication I did to Sim.cfg

Everything is about textures.

Somehow SODE dont want to read textures from spare folders.

As u can see my SODE is working.

I was trying to reinstall SIMCONNECT but dosent help.

I will try to work on it saturday.

SODE.log

• Deputy Sheriffs

SODE states that it loads the ENAT stuff correctly, including the sloped runway.

But the log file is full of error messages this:

[23:11:07.569] ERROR SODE.SOUNDENGINE : Not able to load WavFile '¨ÈF'
[23:14:13.803] ERROR SODE.SOUNDENGINE : Not able to load WavFile 'øÈF'
[23:31:12.653] ERROR SODE.SOUNDENGINE : Not able to load WavFile 'XÈF'

For me it looks that something in your SODE installation/configuration, as the file names look like everything, but not valid file names.

I am not too deep into SODE development, so I can't tell, where SODE takes these crap file names from. But I would assume that that is also the place where to look why your ENAT and ENSH are not working.

Hey TOM. This error is with sound files.

In alta xml (sode folder) Hangar Doors when are opening are using sound file cold HANGARDOORS.WAV

Sode shows that this file is missing.

" he sounds are placed in a „sound“ subfolder in the SimObject container. "

Unfortunately devs forget to add this folder and sound file-thats why.

Now...

Take a look.

I forced SODE to read textures directly from textures folder in SODE.

At the moment there is no redirecting from SODE texture folder in to aerosoft/alta texture folder.

Im working on that.This is the issue.

• Deputy Sheriffs

6 hours ago, mirage9 said:

I forced SODE to read textures directly from textures folder in SODE.

How did you do that? And why?

I copy whole texture folder (texture.wi) from Aerosoft/alta to Sode/Simobject/Enat/texture.I deleted texture.cfg in Sode/simobject/enat/texture/  and i modyfied sim.cfg to read textures from texture folder inside SODE.

Why?

Somehow Sode dont want to display textures (show missing texture info=1 in fsx.cfg) because the routing in texture.cfg (inside SODE/Simobject/Enat/texture folder) is wrong.

My scenery is Installed In "I:\aerosoft\AltaX"  and FSX is "F:\FSX".

Default scenery installation should be in FSX but I need to have sceneries at different drive due I do not have space at F.

Tom I spoke with SODE dev and he said there is no way to force SODE to read textures from different drive for FSX.It is working with P3D coz u can put [path]=.... to texturte.cfg

Secondly I reinstall my Alta and Svolvaer to default location as is FSX and I open Config Tool for both.

Im still having same issue.No textures.

Its late here but I will work on it tmwr.

OK so this going to be very annoying.

Ive reinstall scenery (alta,svolvaer,varoy) and I installed in default directory which is root folder of FSX.

My SODE version is 1.3.4

Non of this 3 sceneries is working.

SODE dont want to re-route to AS folder even is in FSX ROOT folder.

I dont have a clue whats going on.

Any ideas?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Me neither to be honest.

I would like to suggest to open a support ticket directly with Aerosoft via support@aerosoft.com.

I have latest EPWA from DD which is using same folder structure in SODE directory as AS sceneries.

I made ENAT same but no luck.:(

Im reallt disapointed coz I lost 2 days and cant figure out to make it right.

I believe Developers should stop using SODE (i dont need jetways moving-i know its not only this) because there is more problem than advantages.

Old system was good and if there was a problem it was just a elevation issue.

Anyway for developers its pain in the ... 2 because now u are making scenery working with SODE 1.3.4 and in half year we will have SODE 1.4 and each developer will have to do fix for it.

Yes Mathijas.Sounds good.

For me its most important to have working/good looking scenery than have a moving jetways that are using some software and its not working everywhere :(

Different story if SODE is stabel and is working everywhere.

As I mention 2 post above I reinstall this sceneries to default location  and SODE do not want to read textures.SICK :(

maybe it wasn't a good idea to fiddle with the SODE configuration files.

try this:

• uninstall all SODE scenerys
  • uninstall SODE
  • clear up all leftovers of SODE (cfg.files etc)
  • reboot your system
  • install SODE scenerys in their default locations
  • install latest SODE version in default location

data63.

I did that and its not working. I was not fiddle with SODE config files.I just edit sim.cfg and texture.cfg

Now I have DD Polish Airport 1 vol.4  and its using same structure of folders as Aerosoft.

I tried to do ALTA files same way but it doesn't help.

I fix it.

So I reinstalled to default location  and all 3 sceneries are using SimObjects in FSX root folder for SODE not c:\ProgramData\12b\Sode\Simobject.

Since 1.3.4 SODE is using SimObjects in ProgramData.

All 3 are working just fine.

Sometimes is elevation issue for airplane but u need to reload sim (cltr ; ) and there u go.

Thank you for help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived