"On runway one - nine" repeating voice

When I start a session with an Airbus a320 in New Orleans, Louisiana, there's  woman's voice repeating "On runway one - nine".  She says this every 30 seconds. Can this be turned off as it's very annoying when I'm trying to prepare the plane for flight?

This is the Airbus Version of RAAS! You can turn it off using the "RAAS Professional" menu. You can find it under your menu bar/Add-ons/RAAS Professional...

Or try to uninstall it from the Airbus. Just look through the data; there might be something like "uninstall RAAS". 

Or you look into the Configurator, there might be an option, but I'm not sure...

Guess you'll find something, hmmm?!

This message comes from RAAS and only plays when you are on a runway. If this is not the case, maybe the airport list of RAAS is outdated. (I.e. imagine you buy a new airport KLAX and this is located a few miles offset to the default KLAX; it may occur that even when standing on a parking RAAS thinks you are on a runway, because it is reading the info from an old AFCAD. You can update RAAS by making use of this tool: http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/MakeRwys.zip Extract it to your FSX/P3D folder and run it. It will produce several files based on your current set-up. RAAS will automatically pick-up these files. Everytime you add/remove an airport you should run this tool too.

Oh wait I think I'm seeing the picture now. I think he's starting the scenario at the start of the runway.

I would suggest starting at a gate like in real life. Or if you really need to start on the runway you can just disable RAAS like Lotus3xiG3 said. Seems a bit drastic though.

Archived