Features to improve Aerosoft's buses

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He means V-speeds that take into account runway(condition), temperature and pressure for example. 

This will not happen because it requires a database that is not available as open (affordable) source. 

Oh, right! :) Completely didn't think of that.

On 8/22/2016 at 9:18 AM, A340-4 said:

1. A better FBW

2. Sounds. I want to be able to hear runway bumping, better APU sound, break fan sounds. 

The FBW is being addressed, as has been mentioned many times in the A330 Preview thread. AS also said they will include the new FBW system in SP4 for the A318/319/320/321.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, flheight said:

Hello,

I think a fully functional acar system would be sooooo nice !

Do you know what ACARS is and does when it is "fully" modeled?

I think I called it wrong (it would be a data link), it's in seems to be in the data page and it's called aoc function, it seems to give information about the flight plan, wheights, v speeds with a defined runway shift (I know in the Aerosoft airbus are entered automatically as well as the flex temp). I know there is a TO Data page. If I called it wrong that's cause I watched a video of the Norwegian 737 project and he called these things acars.

I am really sorry if I wasted your time cause it doesn't work like that in a real airbusses, I am not a pilot.

This is an interactive mcdu http://www.equicom.net/mcdu/version2.html

It would be nice to make the IDENT Button usable.

For example if you hit the IDENT Button it is the same like CTRL + F12.

This is the Squawk IDENT Hotkey in IVAO.

lg

Julien

For the POPUPS of the different SCREENS (Pfd,Nd,Ecam) there was a solution given for the former "Airbus extended".

I used it , it worked WELL (for Pfd and Ecams, for ND plane track didn't appear) and without problems. It was not officially supported by Aerosoft though.

It is here:

+1 for a more realistic boot up sequence.

- cond system implementation

- a few ecam actions for the most severe damage like engine out, loss of cabin pressure, loss if AC bus.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I still think this Airbus is a fully amazing product (or better: collection of products, since it is almost like a product with integrated add-ons) which has given me, and still gives, a tremendous amount of joy (actually the very most joy of all the add-on planes I ever had, even compared to those of also highly established colleague companies). 

As for improvement wishes: if any, besides a possibly more detailed boot sequence as well, it just has always struck me that, from the captain's point of view, the front windshields (windows) always seem a tad big/high compared to what I have seen in reality several times when sitting in the flightdeck. However I think I am the only one that mentions this, so I might be wrong. I remember the pics which AS once put on the forum of some very accurate measurements that were taken of the flightdeck, so I don't doubt the principally correct dimensions at all, but seen from any angle sort of close to the panel (from the Capt's seat), the 3D seems to get a bit distorted just at the windows, resulting in seemingly very large cockpit windows. Obviously I have not seen the AS A330 yet, but although I realize that this plane has different window sizes and cockpit 3D than the A318-321 series, it seems from the pictures as if the VC distorts way less and the windows always appear to be exactly the right size and dimensions. For me, although I realize that it must take a lot of (impossible) time to adjust this, and it is probably a too minor detail, it would be the icing on the cake (for me) if this would be slightly adjusted in the A318-321 series as well, for the maximum realistic feeling of sitting in the actual plane. The panel and the dark VC lighting is amazing though, from any angle. It just concerns the cockpit windows for me.

Thanks once more for this anyway amazing product, which is the best value for money one can get.

Best wishes,

Lennard     

In addition to my post above (as I do not see how to edit it), two more wishes would be:

-real rain-wiping animation when wipers are on (they move of course but I will never forget the great effect Flight1's ATR 72 had years ago, by really seeing rain removed from the windshield by the wipers)

-2D popup version of MCDU 2

Best wishes

Lennard

Hey Lennard,

Thank you for contributing.

First, the affects in the ATR were with FS2004.  There is a bug with VC Rain Affects in FSX.  It's possible with a 2D flight deck (which few people use thus it wouldn't be cost effective to model just in 2D) but not the VC (at least with FSX). There is a developer currently working on this with P3D, but time will tell if it works, how it's implemented, how good it is, and what the frame rate impact is.  Remember, adding anything, especially if it has to be refreshed, means a trade off with frame rates and stuttering.

Best wishes.

You're most welcome.

By the way, FSFX Packages was experimenting with VC Rain Effects for P3D, but I don't remember how that worked out. I have a meeting with them tomorrow, so I'll ask them!

Archived