Database Options

I bought the game a couple of days ago and I am loving it! I've been after something like this for a while and really appreciate the number of airports and procedures.

Having played the game with the database it shipped with, I wanted to make a few changes - a possibility that was a major factor in my purchase. While the database of airline equipment is very good, I wanted to make it more suitable for the airports I wanted to work with. For example, I was playing Heathrow (EGLL) and I noticed that I was getting very few BAW aircraft (relatively speaking of course). In reality, BAW make up the majority of movements and I wanted to see that reflected. So I have deleted the British Airways entries and replaced them with approximately 50 new entries based on aircraft type, each entry has 4-6 destinations. for example:

A388(1) - EGLL, KLAX, KMIA, VHHH, CYVR.

A388(2) - EGLL, WSSS, FAOT, KIAD.

B744(1) - EGLL, KJFK, OMDB, KLAS, KSEA.

and so on....

By doing this, I was able to increase the amount of BA arrivals/departures compared to the foreign airlines. I have done the same with Gatwick and London City. I also intend to do the same for Virgin Atlantic while also upping the amount of services from major foreign airlines at LHR such as Lufthansa, Air France, Aer Lingus and American etc.

My question is that once I have created this database for the London Airports, it would be great to be able to switch between it and the 'standard' database provided with the game - for when I want to play a less familiar airport. At the moment I have to manually move the files within my Documents folder. If this was possible, I think it would add a dimension to your game. The standard game would be available but users could create, use and swap very detailed files concerning their favourite airports very easily - adding local knowledge too.

As an aside, I am also intending to create a database for LHR in the early '80s with types such as 747SPs, Tu-154s and Tridents!

• 1 month later...

This feature will be added to my list for GATC 2. However GATC 2 will take some time to arrive as at the same time I am working on few other short term projects. But keep your fingers crossed ;)

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2016 at 0:22 PM, RobsonM said:

This feature will be added to my list for GATC 2. However GATC 2 will take some time to arrive as at the same time I am working on few other short term projects. But keep your fingers crossed ;)

Is there any chance GATC 2 will be released this side of Christmas? Thinking of treating myself ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived