Austria HD East doesn't install on P3D!!

keem85

I purchased this yesterday, and it's not possible to install on Prepar3d.. The options are greyed out! I could only install it on to my FSX, but P3D was greyed out!!

I installed it to my FSX and transferred the scenery over to P3Dv3, but it's not a solution!! Autogen objects appear as black.. I need help with this.

Sure can do. Here it is attached.. I really need this working. Quite the expesive addon, and I want to be able to use it.

I tried to run it as an administrator, for reference. No help.

Please login to display this image.

(Guessing) I think the installer can't see my P3Dv3 installment, which is strange.. Every other addons I've purchased can see it just fine. FTX, REX, A2A, Carenado etc.. Only this installer that can't see it

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can you post the complete path to your prepar3d.exe please?

Have you used a migration tool before to install old add-ons into P3D?

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, the installer looks for HKLM/SOFTWARE/Lockheed Martin/Prepar 3D V3/SetupPath in the registry. It seems that that registry key is missing and the install of P3d is not fully standard. Can you check that?

I have been trying to answer you guys for a long time now. My "keem85" account was locked for replying to this thread and I could not reply at all.. freaking Infuriating!! I haven't broken any forum rules as far as  I know..

Back to the real problem, yes the Prepar3d is registered correctly.. I have it under HKCU. As I said preaviously, all other installers find it easily. It's a problem with your installer that it can't find my installment.. I just checked, and the registry is there! 

I will add that I have reinstalled P3D several times before.. I have P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 and both of them are registered correctly, under current user.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As I told you already via PM your account wasn't locked. I gave you a few hints to try but you haven't answered...

You are right, the registry key is under current user and not local machine. What is the value of your "SetupPath" key?

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

As I told you already via PM your account wasn't locked. I gave you a few hints to try but you haven't answered...

You are right, the registry key is under current user and not local machine. What is the value of your "SetupPath" key?

Yes it is locked.. I tried several browser and I tried another computer. I even tried to reply to you but suddenly I wasn't allowed to do that either, so it's very locked. Can you elaborate the last thing you said there? Not sure which key to look for

• Deputy Sheriffs

In the registry path 

• [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3]

you have a key

• SetupPath

What value does it have? For me the value is "D:\Prepar3D v3\"

• Deputy Sheriffs

About your first user account: it must be somehow damaged within the forum software/database itself. It is not limited by any moderator or administrator - as I would see something like that, and I don't.

Hmm that's strange.. Is it possible for you to delete "keem85" and then I can recreate it? I remember yesterday when I tried to replay, it said that I had been posting too much and that it was locked for a time (PMs).. Not sure if it also meant posting on the forums. So in a way, it told me that it was locked.. This is strange..

On topic.. I only have a value called "AppPath", and it has the value "D:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\"

• Deputy Sheriffs

And that is exactly the Problem why the installer doesn't work for you - you don't have what the installer is looking for.

I can't tell you why you don't have the "SetupPath" key. I have it on my machine, so I assume the P3D installer created it. 

Fortunately the solution is really simple: create it yourself ;) 

• right click in the empty space below all the keys
  • select "New | String Value"
  • name the new key "SetupPath"
  • double click the key and enter "D:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\" (without "") as value data

32 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

And that is exactly the Problem why the installer doesn't work for you - you don't have what the installer is looking for.

I can't tell you why you don't have the "SetupPath" key. I have it on my machine, so I assume the P3D installer created it. 

Fortunately the solution is really simple: create it yourself ;) 

• right click in the empty space below all the keys
  • select "New | String Value"
  • name the new key "SetupPath"
  • double click the key and enter "D:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\" (without "") as value data

That didn't work.. Edited registery and restarted machine. They are still greyed out.. Does it look for the registery elswhere maybe?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hm, I can't tell actually as I don't have the installer here.

But as Mathijs said, that the installer looks into "HKLM" I would try to create that key manually into that tree. It's worth a try.

If that works the installer definitely would need an update to look into "HKCU" instead of "HKLM". 

BTW: in this case you don't need to reboot your system after modifying the registry.

4 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Hm, I can't tell actually as I don't have the installer here.

But as Mathijs said, that the installer looks into "HKLM" I would try to create that key manually into that tree. It's worth a try.

If that works the installer definitely would need an update to look into "HKCU" instead of "HKLM". 

BTW: in this case you don't need to reboot your system after modifying the registry.

That didn't work either.. I have triple checked the path on both HKLM and HKCU.. In HKLM I added the correct path that Mathijs said, but still not working.. Path and everything is correct. StringPath with correct path value on both HKLM and HKCU.. I think the installer needs to be fixed..

By the way now keem85m user is not allowed to post, and this one is allowed.. The forum locks the user for 24 hours after around 5 or 6 posts.. You should really look in to this problem also.. I have a few posts left on this one before getting locked out again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ahhh, now I see what wrong with your accounts. As the forum get's really a lot of spam we have configured a rule that new user accounts are allowed to post 4 posts per day only. 

3 minutes ago, keem85 said:

Path and everything is correct. StringPath with correct path value on both HKLM and HKCU..

You meant to write "SetupPath", right?

2 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Ahhh, now I see what wrong with your accounts. As the forum get's really a lot of spam we have configured a rule that new user accounts are allowed to post 4 posts per day only. 

You meant to write "SetupPath", right?

Yes, sorry. It's SetupPath :) Not working

EDIT: I also reopened my ticket with simmarket, because the installer they provides obviously does not work. They might need to have it updated too..

Is there a place where I can get the installer from you guys instead?

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you are still willing to investigate a little bit further we can check, what the installer is really looking for on your system.

That would help getting it working for you and would provide Aerosoft with the needed information for a fix.

31 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

If you are still willing to investigate a little bit further we can check, what the installer is really looking for on your system.

That would help getting it working for you and would provide Aerosoft with the needed information for a fix.

Yes I want to do that. I want the product to work..  I think this is my last message before lockout.. Not sure if I can reply more after this.. I have a TeamViewer 10 running on my system.

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I'm sorry, we do not think there is anything to fix. The P3d installer does create this key and the installer looks for it, there simply can't be any doubt about it. Certainly not as it works for all other users.

But I added the correct string.. What more can I do? I payed for this product and I do expect it to work accordingly..

• Aerosoft

Sorry to be nasty, but it will work on a correctly installed P3D. It does for all customers except you after all. 
The problem is not with the product but with the simulator or with the registry, both outside our control. I suggest you re-install the P3D client (the rest should not be affected).

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry to be nasty, but it will work on a correctly installed P3D. It does for all customers except you after all. 
The problem is not with the product but with the simulator or with the registry, both outside our control. I suggest you re-install the P3D client (the rest should not be affected).

Other installers are finding my Prepar3D installation without problems! ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC, REX, A2A, Carenado.. There is nothing wrong with either my P3D client or the registry.. I even manually added the registry to HKLM, identically to what is located at my HKCU.. So you are saying that you're not willing to give further support for me, for a product I have paid for??... If that's the case, I have two options. One of them is gettign a refund, I'm trying to do that with SIMMARKET now.. Or I can try another installer if you have that..

Usually I'm willing to go a long way to get something to work, and I often never complain as long as I get the help I need, but judging by your last comment, that's not the case. 

Archived