PFPX payload problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding the payload when creating the flight plan. Let me give you a little background.

1). I have a weight & balance trim sheet I obtained from work for A320 (Did a lot of modification to Aerosoft A320 aircraft.cfg file to match that of one of the A320 I used from work as my model). Pax weights is setup in PFPX to match that of the weight & balance file and when I input pax count, baggage/mail/cargo weight, I have a given payload number. In this case, I have the weight and balance file setup like this: (kgs x 2.2 = lbs)

Pax weight = 9428 kg  or 20742 lbs (86 kg/adult, 35 kg/child)(108 adults, 4 child).

bag weight = 3250 kg or 7150 lbs (just made up a number, no need to know exactly how many bags checked-in).

cargo weight = 1132 kg or 2490 lbs

total payload = 13810 kg or 30382 lbs

2). Now that I have PFPX opened, I start to input the data and I begin to notice discrepancies in the payload section when creating a flight plan.

>>> I insert # of adults and child and weight doesn't match. (refer to screen Payload-0 or the first screenshot). Its off by 22 lbs or 10 kgs.

>>> I insert the baggage and cargo weight and that matches. (refer to screen Payload-1 or the middle screenshot)

>>> But when I insert pax count, baggage and cargo weight, payload doesn't match (refer to screen Payload-2 or the third screenshot). Here, my payload is off by 22 lbs or 10 kgs.

If you refer to the Weight setup screenshot (the last screenshot), you notice how I have my pax and baggage weights setup (I left baggage weight 0 because PFPX calculate 1 bag per pax. I tend to use the average bag count of 1.2 bags per pax just like how I use at work, but besides the point). Now, I wanted to say this. Under Scheduled (S), I don't use those weights when flying the A320 for which I use those weights when flying the B777-300ER (I've yet need to check if I will have the same payload discrepancy problem, most likely I will). When flying the A320, I use the Other (X) weight. I could explain why but that's for another time. Anyway, when creating the flight plan for A320, this is where I run into the payload discrepancy.

My question is why am I having this discrepancy? Does PFPX have  a calculation problem when calculating the payload correctly?

Brdgs

Please login to display this image.

Hello Raptor,

To be precise: 1 Kg = 2.20462 Lbs which could be the reason of your discrepency.

I do not understand the way that you do it. You should either use only Kg and have a result in Kg or only Lbs and have the result in Lbs. I you try to convert you are bound to have a difference.

Regards,

JP

10 hours ago, jpgmultimodal said:

Hello Raptor,

To be precise: 1 Kg = 2.20462 Lbs which could be the reason of your discrepency.

I do not understand the way that you do it. You should either use only Kg and have a result in Kg or only Lbs and have the result in Lbs. I you try to convert you are bound to have a difference.

Regards,

JP

What don't you understand?

That I do not understand is why you are mixing Kg and Lbs. If your operator uses Kg you enter 85 Kg and 35 Kg and if it is in Lbs you enter 189 and 77. As 189 Lbs are 85.72 Kg and 77 Lbs  34.92 Kg it is why you have these discrepencies; so do not try to convert these values.

Archived