Liveries A320 IAE not visible in P3D

Roy3103

Hello,

Every A320 IAE model livery that I want to install doesn't show up in P3D. They do show up in the livery manager.

All the other models do show up. ( A318-A321 ). It's the A320 IAE only that doesn't show in P3D

I run everything as admin.

I tried to figure out my self but with no success.

I didn't install or remove anything before the problems started.  

P3D v3.3

Windows 10

Airbus v1.31 including FMGS hotfix

Sorry, but just to be sure... you're saying that you install a livery using the Livery Manager, it allows you to Install the Livery, and after installing it doesn't show up in the Aerosoft Livery Manager?

Sorry... I had been looking at your post on my phone... now that I see it in the forum, I understand.

Try this:

Step 1.  Run the Livery Manager, and remove the installed aircraft, then close the Livery Manager.

Step 2.  Run the Livery Manager as Administrator, then Install the Livery under the correct section for the Aircraft and Engine type.

That should do it.

Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I already tried that option but with no luck.

I uninstalled the livery/plane inside the manager and re-installed it again. My manager is always starting up as admin but just in case I also did it by right clicking and selected is to run as admin.

I also tried to add the livery manually but also with no luck.

Strange thing is that its only with the 320 IAE models, the rest is perfectly fine

Roy

I just tried, and it works fine for me.  Are you sure you're selecting the IAE tab in the Livery Manager before adding them?

Would you give me a direct link to one of the liveries your having difficult with?

Dave,

Yes I am sure i do it the right way. It was working fine one day and the next day when i wanted to fly down under i was facing the problems.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/search/&q=jetstar&type=downloads_file  Try the first 7

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/search/&q=jetstar&type=downloads_file&page=2 Try the Holgi ones

And i tried many more

Roy

Roy,

I'm up to my eye balls in flight sim work (going on hour 16), and need to take a break from the computer before my eyes pop out of my head. But I'll test a few of the liveries first thing in the morning and get right back to you.

In the meantime, I'd like to have you go through the steps in THIS THREAD, which cure many issues (seen and unseen) with the Airbus - even if you've done some of them, please do the entire procedure even if you've done some of them. Every part of is crucial, especially removing any and all folders which might still remain after the uninstall.  One other thing is to be really sure that all antivirus software is completely disabled including that which comes with Windows.

Let me know how that works my friend.

Dave,

I understand, I'm hitting hour 17 at the moment at work but hey....it pays the bills and my flightsim though ;)

I will try as you suggested.

Keep you posted

Roy

Hi, sorry you are having problem with the liveries. After seeing your post I tried installing the first result on your search result link (VH-VGD) and they worked. I am on Windows 8 and FSX Steam but we're both using the same version of the Airbus. I also have no idea why this happened, my guess is probably due to some files not being in the same folder as the livery manager program, but we'll have to wait for Dave to see if he has any news. Let me know if you need anything from my side.

Dave,

Your solution feels a bit like......you give up and lets install again without knowing what the cause is. Doesn't Aerosoft want to know what the cause is?

Anyway I will go on with the procedure and will let you know what the out come is.

Rordon ( nice parody ), Thanks for the reply. I think its manager/Aerosoft related and that your liveries are fine, I had also problems with Holgi's liveries

Thanks for checking

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Roy,

I have just installed the JetStart livery you mentioned in post #7 without any problems using the Livery Manager into my P3Dv3. 

Please login to display this image.

So there is obviously something wrong on your machine. There are a myriad of possible reasons for that. So one can either check every single one of them, or go the more easy way to exclude "a myriad minus 2 or 3" by doing what Dave suggested.

This doesn't mean that AS is not interested in getting your problem fixed. The opposite is actually true.

So please follow the instructions to the point to exclude as many as possible of the reasons that might cause your problem. In your case the most important step is the first one, re-installing the bus following the given steps:

56 minutes ago, Roy3103 said:

Your solution feels a bit like......you give up and lets install again without knowing what the cause is.

Not at all.  I've helped countless users troubleshoot FSX/P3D related issues for over 10 years, and in your case I recommended something that takes is very little work and time for the biggest possible result (entire procedure I recommended should take less than 12 minutes) and at the very worst it gives you and use a known good installation for us to move forward from.

We've found the the procedure I recommended resolves most problems our customers have.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Gentlemen,

Sadly enough it didn't work, again its only the 320iae that gives this problem

Roy,

I wanted to be sure you saw the second part of my post. I wrote it so quickly it was automatically added to my post instead of being a new post.  I checked, and that's the fix you need.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Roy,

I just installed the VH-VFI livery, and again I didn't run into any problems...

The texture file within the downloaded livery zip point even to the old Airbus X and not to the second product version, the Airbus X Extended.

After installation the my texture file got updated to the current A320/A321 product version.

That let me wonder what version of the Livery Manager you are using and if that maybe is an outdated one?

You can check the version by right clicking the Livery_Manager_A320_A321.exe file, opening the Properties and switch to the Details page.

You are missing the [fltsim.2 ] entry . This occurs when you install and remove paints often that this kind of mistake is made .

Does no-one read the pinned topics in the tweaking section ?

[FLTSIM.1]
title                    = Airbus A320 Vueling EC-LUO
sim                    = A320
model                    = SHARKLET
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = Vueling_ECLUO
kb_checklists                = AirbusA321_check
kb_reference                = AirbusA321_ref
atc_id                    = EC-LUO
atc_airline                = VUELING
atc_flight_number            =
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus
ui_type                    = A320-232 IAE Sharklets
ui_variation                = Vueling
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE, RAMP
atc_parking_codes               = VLG
description                = Airbus A320 - 232 IAE Sharklets / Vueling EC-LUO \nwww.aerosoft.com \nRepaint by Holgi (simtexture.de)

[fltsim.2] Missing

[FLTSIM.3]
title                    = Airbus A320 United Airlines N405UA
sim                    = A320
model                    =
panel                    =
sound                    =
texture                    = UnitedAirlines_N405UA
kb_checklists                =
kb_reference                =
atc_id                    = N405UA
atc_airline                = United Airlines
atc_flight_number            =
ui_manufacturer                = Airbus
ui_type                    = A320-232 IAE
ui_variation                = United Airlines
ui_typerole                = Commercial Airliner
ui_createdby                = Aerosoft
atc_parking_types            = GATE, RAMP
atc_parking_codes               = UAL
description                = Airbus A320 - 232 IAE / United Airlines N405UA \nwww.aerosoft.com \nRepaint by Holgi (simtexture.de)

Forget my entry above (removed)... I was being stupid.

John nailed it.  I hadn't opened it yet as I started troubleshooting my systems... needlessly... lol

Roy, I'd use the livery manager.

Archived