A321 Fuel Planner

Dudley

I am trying to recreate an American Airlines flight from KJFK to KSFO, the flight number is AA163, I believe.  I have entered the details for the flight into the flight planner for an A321, and apparently, for an empty aircraft with no pax and no cargo, I can't carry enough fuel - the distance is calculated by the fuel planner as 2243nm and I need 21,337kg according to the planner. Of course the the maximum fuel is 19,151kg (which is about right according to Airbus). American Airlines use an A321, and we don't hear of many falling from the sky gasping for fuel. Presumably AA manage to carry PAX and cargo as well.  Where is the discrepency here?

Hello,

does American possibly have extra fuel tanks installed on their A321s? That might explain the discrepancy, we model the version with the normal fueltanks as seen in most A321 in service, however airlines can "book" different options when buying their A321.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I looked at Airbuses specs for the 321 (not neo), it said the 321 had a range of 3,000 nm with full load passengers payload.  And a range up to 4,000 nm.  I just got the a320/321 this week.  Haven't tried cross country yet, Can they use lbs instead of kgs?  I'm use to that living in the states.

Archived