Airbus A319 Rudder Repainting Problem

Hi everyone

I'm currently doing a retro livery of the now extinct airline Mexicana de Aviación Airbus A319, flagship carrier of Mexico for many years. Upon painting the tail and rudder, I encountered a quite nasty problem on the textures matching between the rudder and the tail. What I had placed on the rudder didn´t fit anyhow with what was on the tail, especially on the upper part of the rudder, while on the lower bits it matched acceptably. I'm doing this textures in 4k 4096x4096 for improved resolution, yet it is still blurry.

I'm attaching a few pictures to show what the problem looks like. I moved the livery between the tail and the rudder 174pixels horizontally (87 pixels in the normal resolution file, as I had read on another post in these forums), and 2 pixels upwards (1 in 2048x2048 file). Nevertheless, it looks like this is not exactly the correct way to get it matched.

Please login to display this image.

More detail into the problem

And here is both the complete stabilizer picture, and the texture editting in CS6

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/1/2017 at 6:29 PM, Hanzel27 said:

i asking the same question but no one answers... UP

I have finally solved the problem... The only way, the only real way to make sure it perfectly matches, is to move part by part, bit by bit of your livery independently, check it on the sim, and see if it is fine or it needs a bit of tweaking. After a lot of time doing this, and a lot of patience and time investment, I finally got it to work:

Archived