FMGS.dll. error crashing

MattJ44

Hi All

I don't know what is causing this, I have the latest Airbus extended, I did install the zip file from 2013 and all it did was lock up the FMC I was unable to tap in any data, so I restarted FSX, I could click on FMC once and then it would lock up again preventing any data entry.

It has been fine, and all of a sudden it has started this error, and its always when I exit the runway...

is there an up to date fix ?

- EventData

fsx.exe

475e17d3

FMGS.DLL

52684e5b

c0000005

000790f4

c48

01d1f0dc7d0b9487

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.DLL

0c5fc04a-5cdf-11e6-82ca-3052cb5366d8

Matt,

It's likely you didn't have a good install.

1, Please reinstall the Airbus following the procedure HERE.

2. Please check to see you have the Microsoft C++ Redistributables 2005 , 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013. If you don't and/or need to update them, please do so. This is likely the problem you're having, but please do all three steps I've outlined.

3. There is also a HotFix you'll want to install (should have come with the Airbus if you just downloaded it, but you should install just to be sure). The Hotfix is located HERE - but don't install it until after you've completed the reinstall as per the procedure noted above.

Let us know how you make out.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave

Many thanks for your help.

I have followed your instructions to the letter, and installed the hotfix, the trouble with the hot fix is once it is installed the FMC locks up, it allows me to select a key once then it locks up, despite hearing the keys being pressed and hearing the sound of selecting a button the FMC is locked up preventing any data being entered.

Is there anything else I can do ?

This has been working fine, even when I had viruses which have since been removed, I have also done a WIN10 update.

I am scratching my head as to what to do, I uninstalled AVG and just have windows defender which I disabled whilst installing Airbus extended directly again from web site to insure clean install.

The only other thing I could do is a fresh install of FSX and all the add on.. would this work ?

Possibly.

I'm thinking the problem is that your install is not occuring properly, probably due to an antivirus program, including the one that comes with Windows. If you have a third party anti-virus, and you disbale it, sometimes the Windows antivirus is automatically re-enabled.  We have seen the exact problem you're reporting (a few times), and it can be caused by:

1. Installing the Hotfix to an Airbus version earlier than 1.31

2. The Antivirus issue noted above.

3. Not having all of the Microsoft C++ Redistributables installed, or installed correctly.

Thanks again Dave for your information and taking the time to help and reply.

I removed AVG and restarted windows defender which found some Trojans and browser hackers. all have been removed.

it all seems to have gone to pot installing and uninstalling ezdoc, it seems to have really messed up everything.

I am not a PC guru but I am running version 1.16

Oh man, I messed you up my friend, and I'm so sorry for that.  I didn't look at the forum, but just the topic. You're using the OLDER Airbus, and I had thought you were using the newer one (the A318/A319/A320/A321 Series, for which the latest update is Version 1.31).  The latest for your Airbus is indeed 1.16, therefore the HotFix I wrote to you about is not for your aircraft.  That said, some of the code from the older Airbus was used in the new one, and the problem with the Direct To CTD very well may have been in both.

I will ask for a Hotfix to be created for the older Airbus, and will notify you of this as soon as it's completed.

Note:  The Microsoft Redistributables you installed are just fine... you want and need those anyway.  Just remove and reinstall the Airbus (use the same procedures, but different files), then install the 1.16 update, and I'll get that HotFix to you as soon as it's ready.

Sorry again for the confusion.

HA HA

No worries that at least explains it, I saw 1.3 and thought well I am using version 1.6, I only bought this programme 2 months ago from Justflight which is version 1.6, I was not aware there is a newer one.

Thanks though for all your help and for taking the time to reply I know it can be a thankless task on the open forums..

I will re install and

Archived