• Aerosoft

You know I love my widescreen monitor for simming and I just seen that Amazon got pretty good deal on what I believe it the ideal monitor..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y09G6JG/ref=pe_2313360_202720070_em_ti

Please note we do not have any deal with amazon...

Hi Mathijis,

I heard there is a 37.5" coming out later this year from LG, Asus & Acer.

YouTube link to the monitor

on the subject of monitors is there any decent 4k TVs that can work well with Prepar3d? 

I have understood there are some draws backs but I believe the perspective must be a winner on a 49" 

after doing some more research, just thought I would share that Philips is coming out with a 40" monitor and are showing at IFA show Berlin this year.

it is suppose to be the " be the largest curved PC monitor with 4K resolution"

article here

IMO, this may be the last of the "optimal monitors" - I have the Oculus Rift and while there is no comparison in terms of resolution between the two, the fact of the matter is VR is going to change flightsimming from here on out. The immersion and sense of scale is worth the trade off and it's only going to get better.  Of course I know there are other applications outside of flight sim to justify needing a great monitor, but even that is changing over time.  So, invest in a monitor or VR....?   ;-)

• Aerosoft

Well VR is indeed part of our future, but currently it just looks bad due to the low resolution and horrible color reproduction. For most games this is not a big deal (I like mine for Elite Dangerous) but for FS you need good colors and good resolution. We'll get there, but it will take time.

And of course we need the simulation adapted to VR. There are tweaks and workarounds at this moment but they are all failing in some part. Buying a Rift for FSX is not something we would recommend.

• 2 months later...

This monitor has peaked my interest. However, I have just one PC and run AS2016, PFPX et cetera as well as P3D on this PC. Now I use windowed mode so I can easily switch applications. Would it make sense to display P3D in the center of the screen and my other programs to the left and right or would that be a waste of money?

11 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You can't do that with multiple monitors!

From my own personal experience I can tell you that you can do that with multiple monitors as well, as long as they are connected through a Matrox Triplehead2Go or similar device. The Matrox software that comes with it makes that you can maximize a window to one screen only, or all screens if you want.

I currently got three screens next to each other, each running at 1280 x 1024. Windows sees this as one big 3840 x 1024 screen, but I can still use each screen individually. When I maximize a window it maximizes to the screen it is currently on. Only when I click Ctrl-maximize it maximizes over all three screens. So if you got FSX or P3D in Windowed mode and you maximize it on the center screen you can run PFPX in the left screen and another application in the right screen for example.

Archived