Beaver X not installing - even though it says it was sucessful!

paulrunge

Had to rebuild my FSX (WIN10Pro, Intel i7, nVidia Geoforce745) from scratch.  I was successful with Cheyenne and Twin Otter installs, but Beaver is not taking.  The install seemed to work seamlessly with no issues, but the Beaver isn't there (simobjects/aircraft etc) nor on the Aircraft selection screen (Otter and Cheyenne are) . No error messages thrown.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Runge

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you run the installer as Administrator?

is there a folder like: ..:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\DHC2 Beaver?

Yes as admin.  I have deleted and re-installed 2x again and it registers and says completed successfully, yet there is no DBC2 file under Aerosoft in the FSX folder.  Oddly Twin Otter loaded perfectly the first time. 

This is very frustrating as it's a brand new FSX build on a dedicated HDD.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

And did  you turn your antivirus off before installing? Reboot after installing then open the sim to see if the installation completed?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Running the installer as admin, turning off AV protection.  No Aerosoft folder in FSX at all, no Beaver in SimObjects/Airplanes. This is the 2.3 installer.

Boxed, at  D: \Microsoft Games\FSX.  UAC is off.  Installer finds the sim, checks the product registration, and skips to scenery configuration notification.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

and skips to scenery configuration notification.

what do you mean by this? Screenshot please

• Deputy Sheriffs

UNinstall the Beaver ( in case you have an entry in ther Windows Start Menu, or in the controlpanel under Programs).

Run the installer again as Administrator (right click on the setup file and choose "Run as Administrator") Do NOT install by logging in as Administrator !!!

Make a screenshot of every step of the installer (except where you enter your serial!) and psots them here.

Archived