Can't read MCDU

Dudley

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are two topics dealing with the same problem. Please have look at them and check if their suggestions work on your system.

I had seen those two posts. I had the fonts in place, but I put them in again just for completeness.  I can now write letters with Airbus fonts, I can select them  in my word processor, so I presume they are available to FSX and the Airbus. Yet I still get the corrupted display on the MCDU. I am running Win 10, and FSX-SE.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem is caused by Win10 and FSX.SE:

- Turn on the Windows Firewall

- kill any Steam process running in the background via the Taskmanager. Just shutting down FSX and the Steamclient is not enough.

15 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The problem is caused by Win10 and FSX.SE:

- Turn on the Windows Firewall

- kill any Steam process running in the background via the Taskmanager. Just shutting down FSX and the Steamclient is not enough.

The firewall is on, don't know why, but it is on.  Steam is like a virus, it turns itself back on when I start FSX, so I killed it via Task Manager during startup, killing the bootstrapper kills the other two processes.  I took it out of startup and it just comes back. Needless to say, the appearance of the MCDU doesn't change.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I was not clear enough. After killing all Steam processes you have to reinstall the fonts again to get them work

49 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Sorry, I was not clear enough. After killing all Steam processes you have to reinstall the fonts again to get them work

Tried that, no luck.  I think I shall just Reinstall the Airbus.  See if that helps.

26 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

This looks to me as if your fonts are not corrupted, it's just your resolution is off.

Do you have high resolution VC checked in FSX? 

No I didn't, that nailed it. Thanks  Having used FS since 5.1, I have never got used to VCs and always prefer 2D cockpits (I know :-) ), I watch videos of people using  the Airbus and the PMDG 737 and they whizz around the cockpit with ease, I am pitiful to watch, but the pseudo 2D views help me. I do have the old Wilco Airbus which is a bit long in the tooth, but this one seemed so much better, even Froogle liked it, so I treated myself.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived