Prepar3D v.3.3.5 - Mega Airport Zurich Uninstall Problem

Moshe

Hello,

I have uninstalled AS Mega Airport Zurich v2 via Win10 64 control panel.

After removal I have started P3D and got an error like this:

AirportController crashed with code:4
Exception details: Could not access item desposed

Item: APC_host

The sim loaded ok but there was still this error message in the background.

I have checked the P3D/Aerosoft folder and found AirportController folder.

Inside there was the AirportController CFG file, I checked it and it pointed to only one product installed - Zurich.

(I have some more AS sceneries but they were not included in this CFG file, what may indicate the AirportController is relevant only for Zurich).

I completely removed the P3D/Aerosoft/AirportController to a temporary place and the sim runs ok now.

Can someone explain? Is what I did ok? Should this folder be removed manually since its not required and was not automatically removed?

Appreciate your advice!

I think this post is in the wrong forum... should be in "Mega Airports" support. If you want to move it to the correct place please do. Thank you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Moshe,

I have no idea how the uninstaller takes care of the Airportcontroller. But to me it looks like there is an entry for the Airportcontroller left in your exe.xml, which can be found here:

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\exe.xml"

check for an  entry looking like this:
<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>XHT.APController</Name>
    <Path>G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Aerosoft\AirportController\APController.exe</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>

Remove these 4 lines after making a backup of the file.

Archived