Best CFG setting for FSX SE

Hi.

I would be grateful  if anyone could help me out with the best CFG settings for FSX SE,  I have a high powered desktop but never seem to get it quite right with the tweaking I.E keep getting flashing  textures ect ect  so If there is anyone that is able to help me out I would be very much obliged. 

I've listed my PC specs below .

Thanks Owen 

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard ASUS® Z97-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA 6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X FURY DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card NONE
3rd Graphics Card NONE
1st Hard Disk 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 410MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk

250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 520MB/sW)

Try using only the HighMem Fix.  You really don't need to run anything but that to have a smooth running system.  You don't need to overclock (you probably know that) and I wouldn't with your processor ties to the 770.  To qualify those statements, I've been doing FSX Tech Support for over 8 years.

My very best wishes.

Mathijs

Thank you for replying along with Dave unfortunately I still have flashing textures, not sure what the issue is.

Thanks Owen 

Flashing textures also happen when an AFCAD file is made for FSX, and used in P3D. 

Anyway, as far as CFG is concerned, I have realized that every computer is unique. You really need to tweak around to find out what is best for you.

Also, I have 4 different CFG settings files that I use in different contexts.

1. Flying during day, on VATSIM

2. Flying during night, on VATSIM

3. Flying during day, offline

4. Flying during night, offline

That is how I get the best experience out of simulation. How do I handle so many different files with ease? 

Google: Aerosoft SimStarter NG.

Archived