Possibility of writing users airports to be included later?

Fabo

To complement the title:

I meant, if it would be possible to somehow write AES files for some smaller airports (namely those without jetways so no need of modelling work) by user?

For example, that I would write a file for LZIB, where are no jetways and only about 5 stands out of ~30 use pushback. Then I would send it to Aerosoft, and if you accept its quality, you could include it in further version of AES.

Of course, any distribution way then via official Aerosoft releases should not be accepted, so that it would be sure that airports that are out there are just fine in terms of quality.

Hope you took my point, I seem not to be able to explain myself other than chaotic way today :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fabo,

I believe someone mentioned being able to do airports themselves before, I dont know Olivers stance on having people help him do them.

As to what airports are done I think Oliver is mainly concerned with getting the larger commercial airports done that Aerosoft sell and distribute.

As to what airports are done I think Oliver is mainly concerned with getting the larger commercial airports done that Aerosoft sell and distribute.

That is exactly why would I like to do smller ones :D

Anayway, thanks for your answer, but I hope for definite answer from Oliver.

Oh, and by the way, I have done some freeware aircraft definitions by myself, would anyone be interested in? So far there is YK42 and T5M done, I am doing IL18 right now.

• Aerosoft

That is exactly why would I like to do smller ones :D

Anayway, thanks for your answer, but I hope for definite answer from Oliver.

Oh, and by the way, I have done some freeware aircraft definitions by myself, would anyone be interested in? So far there is YK42 and T5M done, I am doing IL18 right now.

For now don't expect anything on this, Oliver would have to make a tool to have it done, documentation etc. It's all really complex.

I would like to get the definitions as we are about to launch a database of them. If you send them to info@aerosoft-shop.com we'll use them for sure.

• Developer

Hi,

I have answered this question in older post very often:

To make it possible to get a "public" Version of the designtools, I need to invest a lot of time and costs to make the tool "user friendly". And, even small airports have a lot to figure out in the code of the scenery, for example to remove the marshallers from the original scenery.

All this is not so easy to do and when I start such a tool 80% of my time is supporting this one. This will not help very much to bring AES forward.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Thanks for the reply Oliver, I totaly understand your post (though Slovak airports do not include marshallers and even if it did, I have contacts with authors :) but that is irrelevant).

If you ever felt like doing somthing with around here, leave me a mail or message at IM and I will do whatever I can.

Mathjis, I will send you the first batch mos likely even today, happy to hel you :D

• Aerosoft
Thanks for the reply Oliver, I totaly understand your post (though Slovak airports do not include marshallers and even if it did, I have contacts with authors :) but that is irrelevant).

If you ever felt like doing somthing with around here, leave me a mail or message at IM and I will do whatever I can.

Mathjis, I will send you the first batch mos likely even today, happy to hel you :D

Thanks!