All Non-DST Time Zones Incorrect

Hi there,

Something I just noticed today is that all the time zones for airports in countries that don't observe Daylight Savings Time (Summer Time) are out by +1 hour. For example, Mumbai airport (VABB) is incorrectly indicating UTC+6:30, whereas it should be UTC+5:30 (Indian Standard Time). The same is true for Dubai International, which is indicating UTC+5:00, whereas it should be UTC+4:00 (Gulf Standard Time).

As far as I can tell this issue is affecting every airport that doesn't follow DST worldwide. Could this be addressed?

Thanks!

I don't see that issue here, VABB indicates UTC + 5:30:

Please login to display this image.

and OMDB UTC + 04:00

the same time offsets appear in the planner

55 minutes ago, Ranbi2Delta said:

Could this be a navdata issue?

No it's not related to navdata.

Do the airport entries indicate the correct time-zones as per the images above?

By accident found this thread and checked.......here too !!!!

VABB +6.30 india standard time and OMDB +05.00 arabian standard time

25 minutes ago, CurtS said:

No problems here. I use FS Real Time that updates the TZ files.

/Curt

Unfortunately has no bearing on PFPX

1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Stephen, what are your settings in Windows regarding time zone and DST?

London, UTC currently indicating DST +1

The timezones appear to be set C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Timezones.dat

However this does not define the UTC offset, I'm not sure where that data gets called from.

Thanks, Stephen. I installed your timezone file and it seemed to work fine this morning. However, when I opened up PFPX just now, my time zones have again reverted to the incorrect +1 hour times. Replacing the file once again doesn't seem to do anything now.

This is really strange... seems to be an issue with PFPX itself. Anyone else experiencing this?

It would be great if we could get an official word on this.

Regards.

P. S. My PC is currently set to Indian Standard Time (UTC+5:30). Also, is there a debug report generated by PFPX that I can submit?

I have created the problem here by deleting the contents of the TEMP folder, which generally forces a download from the server for weather/notam's/ots. Restoring the files does not get me back to the correct offsets, ticket raised.

On 19/07/2016 at 11:02 PM, Ranbi2Delta said:

Thanks, Stephen. I installed your timezone file and it seemed to work fine this morning. However, when I opened up PFPX just now, my time zones have again reverted to the incorrect +1 hour times. Replacing the file once again doesn't seem to do anything now.

This is really strange... seems to be an issue with PFPX itself. Anyone else experiencing this?

It would be great if we could get an official word on this.

Regards.

P. S. My PC is currently set to Indian Standard Time (UTC+5:30). Also, is there a debug report generated by PFPX that I can submit?

I have expererience the same on, several times . East african Time is sometines +4 , sometimes +3 ; South African Time , sometimes +2 (wich is correct) , sometimes +1

?????? 

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, fadel said:

?????? 

Hello fadel,

please read the post right before yours. This is an approved bug and a ticket has been already opened with the developer. What else are you asking for?

• 1 month later...

It is the same in V1.27, time zones appear to have been shifted 1 zone east (i.e.advanced 1hr); EGLL shows "(+1:00) GMT Standard Time"

For what it might be worth my system is on GMT (UTC to some), not BST.

Mike

Hello Christian,

In some instances such as Western European Time the UTC offset is incorrect.

Lisbon for example should be UTC + 1 for DST, same as London

whereas PFPX indicates UTC + 2

Archived