Time for a facelift of Airbus profiles. The A320-214 is first up, now updated at www.airlinerperformance.net and the other variants will follow shortly.

Also online are pax and freighter versions of Boeing's original "pocket rocket", the 727-100 as Flyjsim has released v2 of the 727 for X-plane.

Facelift? What was changed? I must say i had compared your A320 data to a number of real world OFPs that my friend who flies the 'bus sent me while briefing for his flights and the results were astonishingly close. So i am a bit reluctant to update the profile in fear of losing that.

Hi TCASclimb,

First up thanks, and don't worry about newer versions, I'm not about to undo what I've done before in aiming to produce accurate profiles. There are some format changes to current PFPX spec which improve optimum and maximum altitudes. Also you'll find improvements to CI calculation, and that's now extended to climb and descent.

If you copy your existing .per file you'll have it for future if you ever want to revert (I hope you dont ;-) ), but please follow the installation instructions on the site so you're sure the current version is removed from PFPX's database before installing the new one, That avoids any problems from PFPX not fully "seeing" the new file.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

A320-232 Sharklets now updated at www.airlinerperformance.net. Improved maximum altitude calculation and Cost Index for climb, cruise and descent.

A320-214 already updated and I'll also revise the basic -232 which will cover the versions modelled by FSLabs.

Archived