How about an F-5A or B ?

Guest Dag

Thanks good people. Mathijs; nope, been a while since major stuff has been done to them. I think #902 is the most recent one that has been repainted. Note that they spelled RESCUE in the rescue-arrow "RESQUE" !

They got new wings in the 90s and an avionics update/structural update a while before that.

Thay are very well maintained and is expected to leave Norway this year to a customer in the States running a privately owned fighter-school !

Sola Airshow (2nd-3rd June) will see the last public display of the F-5 in the RNoAF after service since 1966.

Best

I agree..... F-5a or b. Very nice pics. Great quailty... Aerosoft , now you have the starters, finish it up ; ) you guys can make anything i bet , just truley amazing.....

Nater.

P.S.

Nice suggestion , very nice. ((( F-5 and TWOTTER should be next aircrafts on the to due list, but lets get the F-16 , A-10 , Catalina , Sailplane , Coast guard upgrade to FSX , SeaHawk upgrade to FSX done first. : )

Have avionics been placed in the back seat or is that a blind flying hood?

Beautiful pics and I would love to see an Aerosoft F-5 as well.

That B with the box in the rear seat is flying with the modifed tip-tank, day-glo orange one. The tip-tank houses the seeker head of the new Norwegian Navy sea skimming anti-shipping missile (NSM). The box in the rear seat is actually housing equipment related to the tip-tank/pod. In the cockpit shot you see an orange panel, that is also connected to the NSM equipment and is censored by me. The box is a standard F-5B luggage container (internal).

No current B models, used in the project are carrying fuel in the tips.

If there are anyone living near Point Mugu Naval Ais Station these days, you may see 2 RNoAF F-5Bs flying from there, tails nos. 243/244. Live missile tests are conducted there and the F-5s flies chase on the missiles.

Needless to say, most work connected with NSM is low level work (+/- 50 ft and 500 kts +) and that is why the B-models are fitted with bird-resistant windshields (T-38 type).

Thanks for the interest

:lol::lol: Gave up hope cloud9 will make one and trying it here now? Well, I don't care who makes one as long as it's done professionally :D Great pics, i like the HUD shot. Can't wait to see these fly at the airshow.

:lol::lol: Gave up hope cloud9 will make one and trying it here now? Well, I don't care who makes one as long as it's done professionally :D Great pics, i like the HUD shot. Can't wait to see these fly at the airshow.

They're stocking up stuff for the flare dispensers Vin :-)

You coming early wednsday?

Best

Great screenshots! Look almost real :wink: :lol:

Joking aside, those are mouthwatering shots indeed! That heat haze has got to be the next effect for FSXI or later and that spelling error has got to be one for an authentic repaint.

Like the F5a in the last three shots too.