Monday Screenshots with X-Plane 10/11

• Administrator

Hello,

I would like to open a topic for special "monday" images made with X-Plane 10/11.
Mario Donick (he supported me in the X-Plane 10/11 support) will mainly post the pictures here in the english X-Plane 10 forum. I will do it in the german X-Plane 10/11 forum. See here too.
We (mainly Mario Donick for the English X-Plane 10/11 forum, and mainly I for the German X-Plane 10/11 Forum), will try to post every monday a picture, designed to start with a smile on your face into the week.
The idea comes from Mathijs Kok and we want to make this fine idea real :)
There are no images for new announcements, betas etc but images representing just a nice, interesting X-Plane 10/11 simulator world.
We want to show the real glamor of aviation, although we "only" use a simulator. But this simulator is X-Plane 10/11. And I think it can do it...

The addons used we will specify, so you have the ability to fly there and explore the area ...

Of course, you may and should also post questions and discussions about the pictures .... such feedback always is important and desirable for us.

But keep in mind: This is not a thread for posting screenshots from everybody. If you have sreenshots and you want to post them, please open a new Topic with the Forum Screenshots/Videos.

Greets 
Heinz

Here is my current Monday screenshot, a Boeing 737 over Seattle:

Please login to display this image.

I especially like the "depth" of the city and the airport in the background. It all looks very natural in my opinion. Besides HD Mesh v3, I used the following addons:

Today we're observing preparations of a Delta Airlines A350 flight from London-Heathrow to Boston:

The following addons are used:

Another week, another screenshot :)

This time I'm in the Aerobask Epic E1000, over Sydney, Australia.

This shot combines a lot of addons:

For the new Monday screenshot, I actually wanted to fly at New Zealand, using Andras Fabian's New Zealand Pro scenery. However, after watching his great Colorado UHD Mesh video, I had to change my plans. So I downloaded the UHD meshes, installed them and went to Telluride (KTEX). Although the most spectacular part of Telluride is the airport which is situated on a plateau (at an elevation of 9070 feet), the following screenshot shows the city itself.

What I like on this shot is that it nicely proves that X-Plane's "plausible" approach to autogen really can work, esp. now since in X-Plane 10.50 building heights are respected, and if only the base mesh's resolution is high enough. X-Plane is then able to put rivers, roads and buildings together in a way which is, albeit not realistic, very convincing. Here we have a small town high in the mountains, complete with a small downtown area and varied residential areas. I'm not sure if this is new in X-Plane 10.50, but do you notice the lighted green sign (shaped like a "T" on the lower left of the trike's propeller? If you zoom in closely, you can read it and can see that this is some kind of diner or restaurant, named after Austin Meyer. That's the typical X-Plane autogen humour.

Here's a comparison shot to a Bing map showing the same view:

Today I "met" with Heinz in New York, but I was a little late and it was already evening (next time I'll do some day screenshots, I promise):

The scenery is by Drzewiecki Design, and the aircraft by vFlyteAir (Piper Arrow III, the upcoming version 4.0).

• Administrator

Fine Screenshot. In the meantime, i was flying the Hudson River several times up and down ....

And in the evening, I was sitting in a good New Yorker Musik Bar waiting for you ... :)

Greets Heinz 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, dear X-Plane users, I was not able to post a screenshot in time. Here's a picture from the flight I did for the Monday shot:

It's the DC-8 by Michael Wilson, one of X-Plane's first payware addons ever, originally released in 2004 (!). It got updated recently and now has a nicer exterior and a 3D cockpit which is not badly done. It's in no way comparable to IXEG, FlightFactor, Rotate or JARdesign, and it only has X-Plane default systems (in this regard it's like the ATR72-500), but I actually was flying this aircraft a lot more recently than more realistic aircraft. Here's I'm on my way from Juneau to Anchorage, delivering some freight.

Departing Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion (LLBG) using SID MERVA 1E, on my way to Innsbruck (LOWI):

Addons in this screenshot:

vor 1 hour , Heinz Flichtbeil sagte:

Good Screenshot .... And thank you for the "Real Land Israel" Link ....

Thanks, and you're welcome.

More pictures of my flight I posted here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/114873-marios-geburstagsflug-mit-der-747-800-von-tel-aviv-nach-innsbruck/

Now something different:

This is the F/A-18F Super Hornet, against a F14-B Tomcat (flown by AI), playing dogfight over La Réunion:

Here I'm on a flight from Innsbruck (LOWI) to Lisbon (LPPT), in the Flight Factor 757 (available in the Aerosoft store):

On this picture, I like the look of the default clouds.

Notice my damaged right engine ;) I broke it because I was too impatient during startup.

In the following screenshot I'm landing at Talkeetna Airport (PATK) in Alaska.

Two things are special in this screenshot.

First, I'm using the vFlyteAir Piper Cherokee 140 in its upcoming 3rd variant with an Aspen PFD1000. It's currently in development, so I don't show the unfinished panel, but one of included more "modern" liveries (in the real world, this livery belongs to a Piper Warrior).

Then, I'm using "VenturaSky" beta 4 for the sky. This is a script currently in development and discussed here. It needs FlyWithLua, NOAA (which needs Python), SkyMaxx Pro and Real Weather Connector. It optionally has a profile for MaxxFX.

The Talkeetna scenery is freeware by R Design.

Recently a previous payware has been re-released as freeware, the SeaBee by DDenn. This re-release includes also DDenn's reflection plugin, which looks really nice on this metal livery:

Scenery is xpfr.org's http://xpfr.org/?body=scene_accueil&sc=166.

I really can't get enough of Drzewiecki's New York scenery. Here's a shot showing the vFlyteAir Piper Arrow III version 4 (the update should be available in the Aerosoft store soon) near the Central Park. Sky and atmosphere have been again modified with Ventura Sky (see http://www.venturasky.com/).

Archived