Did anybody say TWOTTER?

Nick C

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if nothing else, those pics show one of my problems with the Lago model... Floats and long noses really don't go together, in my experience. OK. Except maybe on a Porter, but that's because the whole darned aircraft is wierd. ;)

Ian P.

Good Evening Guys .

Actually there are some Twin Otter's with the Long Nose 300 version

that are equipped with Floats too .

The Norm for Twin Otter's , is having a short Nose when equipped with Floats

though .

All the Best ,

Kevin

Oh yes!! I´d like to see a Twotter in good quality for FSX too!!! Sorry for the bad quality but here are just two of my personal Twotter pics:

04.jpg

11.jpg

Even knowing that they exist, I still maintain that it looks wrong! :lol:

Hang on... It's a TwOtter. It can't look wrong. Hmm. I'll have to think about that one.

Ian P.

Ha, I love the bare feet flying and the TMA looks a whole lot nicer than the red Air Taxi colours.

Same here! I´ve been flying with them for several times now and it was really amazing everytime!

Just wanted to chime in and say that i'm also dying dying dying for a decent otter in fsx, particularly given the beautiful water, island, and hawaii scenery. The lago one is a port from fs2002 to begin with, so it's quite outdated. If aerosoft can do a great beaver and an apparently great soon to be released catalina, then they should be the ones to do an otter.

pleaseeeeeeee. I am 100 % certain, given what I have seen posted only recently at avsim that it would sell like hotcakes.

Hi All .

This is another Photo , taken last Summer , because the Float Plane

Base is still frozen over . Maybe within a few Weeks the Ice will be melted .

All the Best from the Cold North .

Kevin Pardy

Great shots...

Here is another picture Kevin sent, which was taken today. I shouldn't say this but I can help but gloat as I've been basking in glorious sunshine all day :wink:

Hey Nick,

Just got back from a dive holiday in Belize and guess what we got to fly to and from the key in, I'll give you ten guesses and the first nine don't count.................. :?:

THATS CORRECT A TWOTTER!!!! :!:

When I get the photos developed I'll scan them in and try to upload them to the forum! The Capt. was very cool and let me take the right set. 8)

You'll see when I get the photos up that she was a very good pilot, talk about barefoot flying! :lol:

It sure made an old pilots day. :D

• 1 month later...

I think just a normal otter would be even better, There are some great free and payware models of the twin otter but no nice models for the single otter. I work for a a float plane company here and we have a otter I work on all the time. They are some of the coolest planes around. Would be a good model to do because there is big variaty, exp. "radial otter on floats, wheels, anphibs or turbin otter 750hp engine on floats, wheels, anphibs and last the 1000hp turbin otter on floats, wheels, and anphibs. I think it would make a great pack to go right along with the beaver, and they are alot more common than the twin otters, atleast around here in bush contry.

• 3 weeks later...

Well as Mathijs posted this picture in the "General" forum, I'm sure he won't mind me pinching it and posting the image here too as you guys helped get the ball rolling :D

001.jpg

thanks nick for posting in the thread on general discussion : ) I'll switch over to this one, and may the best of luck come to getting this otter out!