Did anybody say TWOTTER?

Nick C

Well how about it, can I make a request to? Isn't it about time we had a good Twin Otter to play with? It's been soooo long since I tucked away the Lago version...sniff.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I most second that request :) i take back wanting an f22 lol, i want a twin otter. My uncle flys the twin outter at Air ohio for the skydivers. I have been around that aircraft since i was a youngin .

Nick c . I had a quick question for you. I took a gander at your website there and you performance on fsx is fenominal and was wondering what you did to get it so smooth. I have a Dell xps 410 , pentimu D HT at 2.80 ghz , 2 gb ram , and a 128 shares to 512 mb nvidia graphics vard. Anything i can do that may help ? You have some very nice pictures and a TWIN OTTER will be great for your site ;) .

The apache pics are my fav

Regards,

Nater

Fourthed! ;)

Edited to add: I still have the Lago one installed, although the textures' ability to blur like stink does bug me a little... And boy do I remember its release far too well. Not such a smooth day, that one! :lol:

Ian P.

Hey Nater, FSX runs well with my settings reduced but with my antiquated system and especially processor it struggles with all sliders maxed.

There are plenty of tweaks floating around and the simflight FSX forum is an additional place for good FSX info.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=230

Twotter would be cool, both the -100 and 200/300. Floats and Wheels. The -100 for RNoAF repaints naturally :D

Best regards

Thanks for info Nick, will check this out. Yes TWOTTTTTTTTER !!!!! we need one and maybe for me LOL, give it an Aerohio livery for the skydivers here . FSX could pull off a very nice version. I loved watching my uncle come in at 20 + nose down pitch and flare out at just the right moment and hit the Reverse thrusts to stop just before hitting trees.....wooo man you have to love that kinda flyin.

I know i do.

Nater

Twotter is great, but an Islander, Trislander or even a Dornier Do228 would be very nice. In anyway a short hauler with STOL capabilties..

However don't forget those with FS9 :)

Rob de Vries

A Twin Otter would be the Greatest news I could ever read about .

I have unlimited access to Twin Otter's on Wheels , Floats , all in

100 series ,300 series too . I can get Photos of every inch

in , or around a Twin Otter . There are 8 Twin Otter's based where I Live .

I can get any Photos You would need , Aerosoft , and I would do it for Free,

I would be Honoured to Help with a project like this .

Happy Flying .

Kevin Pardy

I actually know someone who was threatening to do a payware Islander, but I think the market vanished underneath their feet and it got dropped. Again, it would be a nice aircraft, but after the Twotter! :lol:

I will ask nicely what happened to it though...

Ian P.

Oy Brisland, go get your own thread :wink:

:lol:

I still have the Lago Twotter and a lovely plane it is too! I nearly had a job with one of the two Maldive Twotter air taxi companies. Trouble was I didn't have the type rating. That's been chasing me a lot over the years - could have had six months with the Antarctic survey team servicing their Twotter. In fact I think I've interviewd for more Twotter jobs than any other. Always been refused. :( Twotter operators seem to be a strange bunch :?

As for the other thing, I have jumped out of them at up to 4500 feet. I've done a couple of small maintenance jobs (on the Brit one based near Paderborn - nudge, nudge, wink - Sennelager)

Twotter operators seem to be a strange bunch :?

Should they be referred to as Twoperators? ;)

I saw one of the grey little twin piston things at Aldergrove not too long ago, so if they have gone, it's recent.

Ian P.

Should they be referred to as Twoperators? ;)

I saw one of the grey little twin piston things at Aldergrove not too long ago, so if they have gone, it's recent.

Ian P.

Now that was "punny", Ian! :lol:

A Twin Otter would be the Greatest news I could ever read about .

I have unlimited access to Twin Otter's on Wheels , Floats , all in

100 series ,300 series too . I can get Photos of every inch

in , or around a Twin Otter . There are 8 Twin Otter's based where I Live .

I can get any Photos You would need , Aerosoft , and I would do it for Free,

I would be Honoured to Help with a project like this .

Happy Flying .

Kevin Pardy

Hey Kevin, how about posting one or two pictures for us to look at?

Hey Nick,

Don't "bogart" those Twotter pics, please post 'em so we can take a gander at them! :lol: The closest thing to a twotter around here is a Dash Eight and that ain't very close! :(