BeaverX Love Affair

cal2177

This is first post to the forum but I had to tell you all how much I love the BeaverX. I bought it based on the review you have posted and I have to say that the reviewer was being conservative. Not including a 2D cockpit was a stroke of genius as having only a VC increases the immersion factor to almost infinity. Excellent aircraft and just what this bush pilot wanted. Thank you.

I actually know quite a few people who still won't touch VCs with someone else's bargepole - especially the home cockpit builders, for whom a VC is utterly pointless. They have a very real cockpit to play with, thank you!

I don't know a single home cockpit builder who has done a Beaver and personally, I think, in FSX, the VC is definately the better way to fly. Again, however, the lack of a 2d panel in the BeaverX would be no problem if someone did decide to do one, because what would be the 2d panel window is just a fixed, uncluttered, view - perfect for their purposes.

By the way, the Avsim review you have posted is for the FS9 Beaver, not the BeaverX... ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

Hi Ian,

Yes, I was aware that the AVSIM review was for the FS9 version when I first read it. But I figured if the FS9 version was that good and knowing the great time I've had with FSX, BeaverX would be as good or better. I was right.

I don't usually fly VC-only when piloting other aircraft. I usually fly 2D up to altitude since its easier for me to adjust altitude settings, etc. from 2D. I then fly VC until approach time, then switching between the two during approach settling on VC when I'm about 2-3 nm from touchdown. But I've found the lack of a 2D cockpit in the BeaverX to be no great loss on me at all for the type of flying I put the BeaverX through. Bush flying for 99.9% of it. And using the VC when trying to locate a tiny grass strip in Alaska just adds to the immersion factor for me and there are enough VC views to allow me to quickly jump from view to view as needed to work the lights, radio, nav, etc. and still keep an eye on any pesky mountains that might want to poke a hole in my fuselage. A 2D cockpit would neither add nor detract from my enjoyment of this fine aircraft.