Does Nice X work in P3D

jd_jay

Does Nice X work OK in P3D, I presume I'd have to use the migration tool.  It's not on the compatible list and if I search I just get topics with the word "nice" in so any help would be most appreciated.

I just installed it to test for you.

Yes, Nice Cote dAzur X does indeed work in P3DV3.35.  Not sure about P3DV3.3, but the scenery should also work in versions previous to that.

NOTE PLEASE:

The installer will not find the P3D folder.  It may not be absolutely necessary, but what I recommend you do is create a Dummy folder called Microsoft Flight Simulator X and copy the FSX.EXE file to that dummy folder.  Then point the installer to the dummy folder. Decline when the installer asks if you want to install the Aerosoft Launcher. Then copy and past the installed scenery folders/files to your Aerosoft folder in your main P3D folder.  You will then have to add the scenery manually using the Scenery Manager or other tool such as Scenery Config Editor.

Best wishes.

56 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I just installed it to test for you.

Yes, Nice Cote dAzur X does indeed work in P3DV3.35.  Not sure about P3DV3.3, but the scenery should also work in versions previous to that.

NOTE PLEASE:

The installer will not find the P3D folder.  It may not be absolutely necessary, but what I recommend you do is create a Dummy folder called Microsoft Flight Simulator X and copy the FSX.EXE file to that dummy folder.  Then point the installer to the dummy folder. Decline when the installer asks if you want to install the Aerosoft Launcher. Then copy and past the installed scenery folders/files to your Aerosoft folder in your main P3D folder.  You will then have to add the scenery manually using the Scenery Manager or other tool such as Scenery Config Editor.

Best wishes.

Thank you so much for doing that Dave, really appreciate that.  The method you said seems easy enough, do you think using the Estonian migration tool to send it to P3D would work ok though? 

Try to avoid using the Migration Tool whenever possible as it can have some nasty side affects from time to time. Always best to to it yourself if it's possible to do so.

Best wishes.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Try to avoid using the Migration Tool whenever possible as it can have some nasty side affects from time to time. Always best to to it yourself if it's possible to do so.

Best wishes.

Thank you, I've learnt a lot.  I'd only used the migration tool once to out UT2 on.  I did it the way you suggested and it all worked well so thank you again.  Seeing it  installed though makes me now wish I could limit the scenery to the airport boundaries, rather than the surrounding area too.  I don't like how it goes very bland all of a sudden and all the FTX global textures and lights suddenly stop miles away from the airport.

There is nothing you can be done on that, the scenery was made before the release of FTX Global/Vector - though it should be minimized if you're running the latest version of Global. I would not install Vector Version 1.4 yet as ORBX is making some changes that caused some people some problems (seee the FTX Support Forums for more info on that if you're interested).

Best wishes.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is nothing you can be done on that, the scenery was made before the release of FTX Global/Vector - though it should be minimized if you're running the latest version of Global. I would not install Vector Version 1.4 yet as ORBX is making some changes that caused some people some problems (seee the FTX Support Forums for more info on that if you're interested).

Best wishes.

it appears not all is as  seems, after testing it out i went to night phase and it appears i have no/vanishing, taxi and runway lights and im assure others, in one of the screen shots you can see runway lights in the far distance, in shot 2 when i lift off, all traces of lights go.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Yeah, you're right about that.  The good news is you can quickly / easily add the runway and approach lights yourself using Airport Design Editor (freeware, check Google). If you do this, DO NOT share or offer to share the new file without first obtaining permission from Aerosoft, otherwise you will be in violation of the EULA.

Thankfully everything else works. I won't tell you all the work involved in converting other scenery so it was compatible with V3.35, this one is a cake walk compared to that!

Best wishes.

58 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Yeah, you're right about that.  The good news is you can quickly / easily add the runway and approach lights yourself using Airport Design Editor (freeware, check Google). If you do this, DO NOT share or offer to share the new file without first obtaining permission from Aerosoft, otherwise you will be in violation of the EULA.

Thankfully everything else works. I won't tell you all the work involved in converting other scenery so it was compatible with V3.35, this one is a cake walk compared to that!

Best wishes.

yeah i can imagine, thanks for the tips.  i was thinking about trying out Gibraltar next

Archived