Understanding the charts

Cyberstudio

Hi guys!

The charts look amazing but i have a question: How do you learn to read them? I only know the basic stuff like waypoint names, and altitude/speed restrictions but that's it. How do you learn to read it completely? 

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, alpha117 said:

That would be good, just  the 'other' supplier has them 'pinned' on their forum from day 1^_^

I don't want to post them here for obvious reasons;)

Which does not imply that they are allowed to do so ;)

On 11/08/2016 at 10:06 AM, mopperle said:

Which does not imply that they are allowed to do so ;)

And because you dont have them, does not imply they are not allowed to do so.

• Aerosoft

I checked but in the license we got there are no documents with chart legends (which is indeed strange).

However, you will find an exhaustive set of documents here: https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/aero_guide/

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there's been any update on whether there's anything like an airway manual accompanying the actual charts, or at least, a legend.

It's important to have these, as these contain information relating to operating procedures in different countries, enabling realistic sim flight operations.

Unfortunately, it's insufficient and inappropriate to use the Jeppesen or FAA documents, obviously as these are not specific to the LIDO product.

Thank you.

James

Hi Otto,

That's definitely useful, thank you.

It would still be useful to know if this product has (or if there are plans to include) an airway manual with country-specific operating information.

///

Does anyone know what specification (EASA, FAA etc) the TKOF/APCH minima is calculated to on the charts?

• Deputy Sheriffs
32 minutes ago, JSByron said:

It would still be useful to know if this product has (or if there are plans to include) an airway manual with country-specific operating information.

As Mathijs posted in #9, their contract with LH System does not include any manual. And unlike others, Aerosoft stick to the rules and will not publish any documents they have not licensed. ;)

Archived