Who made this poster

Chop9091

Who in the world is responsible for the 4th of July poster?!?! Cause for making a poster for a web sight that specializes in airplane ad ons for flight simulators it's pretty sums that someone would put that plane on the poster. The plane is an A319 but in the odd American airline paint schem. Personally I think that is really dumb that someone didn't look at the poster, before it was published,that knows about the airline industry and say, "why is this plane on here this plane does t even exist"

Please login to display this image.

Perhaps there are legal ramifications for portraying an actual airplane in it's actual livery?  Wouldn't think so but I'm not an expert in the field.

Curious why you are so injured by this ad?  Lighten up, amigo.  Last I heard this was a hobby.

As for the poster, I can think of a few things to get worked up over. None of which has anything with Aerosoft advert. Grab a beer or something, mate.

29 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Probably the guy just had a few drinks one night.... not a big deal.

I'm going to reply simply because I like your username. Sounds oddly familiar to another one...

1 hour ago, Ripcord said:

Detcord, like you (I assume) I was given my nickname while in the military.  Had a bad training day -- and it stuck.

Yep, earned it in Afghanistan and it carried over. It's also mil grade explosive, one I've worked closely with in my military career and directly relates to my current MOS. Though yours obviously references Airborne or Para's in what ever Armed Forces you served in. Never attended that school myself. I ended up at Air Assault at Campbell.

As for airborne ops, the idea that someone else packs your chute has always kinda terrified me... 

I was an aircrewman on a navy P-3.  Had an unfortunate mishap on my first training flight, while learning how to put on my chute.  Deployed the damn thing accidently right on the plane, trying to get it tightened up on my backside.  Really bad day.

So life in the squadron was a bit of a challenge from that point, until I embraced the nickname.  Even had vehicle license plates made with RIPCRD on them.  Then I started to fit in.

Det and Rip (know your names)  Love you guys and thanks for your service.  Did mine before Nam watching the Ruskies in Germany for 6 years with only one scary day the wall went up.  Again thanks for your service, it can't be said often enough!  John

25 minutes ago, mbchatter said:

Det and Rip (know your names)  Love you guys and thanks for your service.  Did mine before Nam watching the Ruskies in Germany for 6 years with only one scary day the wall went up.  Again thanks for your service, it can't be said often enough!  John

Where were you? Always been intrigued by the Cold War and the potential for a conflict and inevitable nuclear escalation. I was stationed at Wiesbaden for a short time before they rotated the rest of 1ID back to Riley. Came back with a sign circa 1983 from the Helmstedt checkpoint. Found it in a Bundeswehr/U.S. Army warehouse.

Archived