AS Lightning will not load....

stu

Bought, downloaded and installed AS Lightning F6. When I go to select the aircraft i get this message.".Error opening wave file SimObjects\Aeroplanes\Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound\Sound_System_Lit\ASC_apknob.wav." I`ve looked in that file and apknob.wav is there. Anyway, uninstalled, redownloaded, installed,and snag is still there. All my other 50 aircraft work fine. Any suggestions please?  Stuart Ramsay

Hi Stu

Is this message one of a seemingly endless stream  of ".wav file" failures ?

If so check in the "panel" folder, open ASC with notepad and check the first lines are ....

[General]
wavdir=SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank\Sound\Sound_System_Lit
id=107269067

and also make sure the aircraft titles in the "airplanes"  folder are      Aerosoft Lightning F6_ferrytank  ;   Aerosoft Lightning F6_guntank   ;   Aerosoft Lightning F6_noOW   ; and  

Aerosoft Lightning F2A .,

The first version of the installer had an error in the title that caused this.... but that was rectified immediately, but maybe you somehow got hold of that ?

Regards

Dave R

Archived