SUGGESTIONS (could be pinned)

rocher737

Great product, Thanks! Testing right now with the 1 day access...

The Navigraph Client that I have been using so far is a bit outdated (not touchscreen friendly) and complicated to use.

I guess most of the users will use touch devices (I am using the desktop version with a decent DELL touchscreen)

This new product is promising but here are a few ideas to improve the experience (and to move over from Navigraph...):

- Charts appear more blurry compared to Navigraph (using Windows 7 64 bit, 1600x900)

- Zooming the chart (not the program itself) with a 2-finger-gesture on my touchscreen is not yet possible (in Navigraph it is)

- Zoom buttons would help, touch zoom would be perfect

- The zoom level should be saved (as in the Navigraph client) for a later view

- Kindly provide a "+" button next to the printer/turn buttons to easily add a Chart to the kneeboard (as for now you have to rightclick, then add which is annoying on a touchscreen).

- Changing the chart order on the kneeboard should become possible. And easy to handle: Simply by Drag & Drop (either mouse or by touch)

- Quick flight: All charts appear in a row. Would be great to have them organised in airport groups and also chart groups (like in a "folder tree"). Otherwise scrolling down

to the next airport is not very handy

- Organizing charts in TABs would be great - e.g. one Tab for each airport

- different color themes would be great (as in PFPX)

- Offline/Cache-Facility would be great (especially for the Enroute charts - frequent crashes while loading)

...probably more to come.

But once again - great to have the choice now!

Best

Ron

The first impression is really good! It is lightning fast!

What I am missing is multi-selection of charts.

I am missing that for adding multiple charts of an airport to the kneeboard and for printing.

The way it is now, it is impossible to print charts with duplex and save paper.

(Desktop Client)

Greetings,

Sebastian

- When you create a quick flight the destination and alternate charts in the kneeboard are sorted alphabetically. So if you plan a flight from LIRF to LIML using LIMC as alternate, you will have LIMC chart (alternate) before LIML charts (destination).

- Have the opportunity to drag and drop the charts in your own order in the kneeborad while in quick flight mode, will be a great improvment

- When you visualize an approach chart using quick filght you can see the arrow for whe wind direction. It's great, but can you add next to the arrow the wind speed?

Thank you for your support.

Hello,

• that's true, charts appears blurried on screen, unless zoomed at 1:1, both on Windows 10 and GNU/Linux desktops. (I guess the rendering engine of the charts is the culprit and should be changed).
  • Charts are printed blurried also, because they are converted from vectorial data to Jpeg before printing,so the overral quality both on screen and on paper is disturbing.
  • Also, I would like to suggest to add fullscreen capability because the interface is somewhat limiting. We can only display the chart on a part of the screen which is problematic on SID and STAR Lido charts.

Best regards.

20 hours ago, Diegoamd said:

- When you create a quick flight the destination and alternate charts in the kneeboard are sorted alphabetically. So if you plan a flight from LIRF to LIML using LIMC as alternate, you will have LIMC chart (alternate) before LIML charts (destination).

- Have the opportunity to drag and drop the charts in your own order in the kneeborad while in quick flight mode, will be a great improvment

- When you visualize an approach chart using quick filght you can see the arrow for whe wind direction. It's great, but can you add next to the arrow the wind speed?

Thank you for your support.

Hey

1) They shouldnt do that, i did just tried it and they are in the

2) Looking into this for the next version

3) Will be added (complet METAR when you click or touch ;-) it)

Great News! Thank you for this improvments!

Just another two IOS feature (non only in quick flight mode) could be:

-the two finger swipe right to go to the next chart and left to previoius (very useful for a quick search), it's similar to browse a charts book pages.

- when you are visualizing a chart (for example a STAR) and tap on the arrow in the bottom right corner you get the visual index of airport charts. This index always start from the first chart.

I think it'll be better if it start from current chart so you can go previous or next from current chart, without scroll it always from the beginning, it was very annoyng expecially if you are focusing on the approach charts (that are in the end of the list).

I hope to be clear.

Great work.

Thank you.

on all devices.  tick boxes so you can delete multiple charts in one go (for example to clear your kneeboard).  A setting to choose which way you would prefer the charts initially, portrait or landscape.  95% of the charts i have used for flights so far the first thing I've had to do is rotate them to portrait mode so i can read the chart rather than the info writing around the outside.

I'd like to have the possibility do draw on the charts with a marker, e.g. to outline your taxi route. This feature works great in the LIDO iRouteManual iPad app. You may look at the free version of that app if you can't unterstand what I mean.

I had my first try with NavDataPro Charts (Windows) with the one-day trial (a little short to make a good assessment). I like what I have seen so far but trying to use in on a second screen alongside P3D/FSX leaves me with a lot of wasted screen space. The size of the icons and fonts down the left hand side even when compressed/shrunk takes up about 20% of my screen width. There need to be an option to select smaller icons/text or even get rid of the menus so that the map can be better read.

If it has not already been suggested it would nice if charts added to the knee board on the PC would automatically be added to the iPad app.  I had to manually add my charts to my iPad. The PC program is easier to use for organization and because I only have a single monitor, the iPad is easier to use when flying.

Thanks,

Mike

yes a sync is something we looking into for the future.

On 26.6.2016 at 9:58 PM, Qseries said:

I'd like to have the possibility do draw on the charts with a marker, e.g. to outline your taxi route. This feature works great in the LIDO iRouteManual iPad app. You may look at the free version of that app if you can't unterstand what I mean.

we got that if the chart is in the kneeboard

On 6/23/2016 at 11:33 PM, QWJavelin said:
  • Also, I would like to suggest to add fullscreen capability because the interface is somewhat limiting. We can only display the chart on a part of the screen which is problematic on SID and STAR Lido charts.

That would be really good! And the ability, in the kneeboard, to go from a chart to another by a swipe on the screen (for compatible screens of course) or a simple next/back icon.

Unhappily the interface uses o lot of space, that could be better use for displaying the charts. My suggestion is to reduce the size of the icons and text (ex: Airport Charts, Kneeboard) and maximize the space for the charts.

Keep on the good work

• 1 month later...

Been using this service a couple of weeks now.

The service is very good, and it adds a lot to the immersion to have real life updated LIDO charts always available. The chart visual quality is very good.

My prioritized wish-list for future update (desktop client) is some interface improvements:

1. Remember the zoom on the charts on the knee-board (this has to be remembered per chart) as you normally would use different zoom settings on each chart

2. Make it possible to drag and re-sequence the charts on the kneeboard

Lastly I played with the thought of having my aircraft as a cross on the map on my networked PC (via simconnect), as the boeing EFB chart display. Would be helpful during ground navigation and eliminate my need to have EFB running beside. But I guess that would be out of the scope of this program.

On 7.8.2016 at 15:59, vhaaland sagte:

Lastly I played with the thought of having my aircraft as a cross on the map on my networked PC (via simconnect), as the boeing EFB chart display. Would be helpful during ground navigation and eliminate my need to have EFB running beside. But I guess that would be out of the scope of this program.

For that feature the problem is, that the charts are not "geocoded" which means that there are no position referenced in the charts-code to know "where to put the cross". The charts are just "images" (even if they technically are possibly vector formats)

On 13 August 2016 at 2:28 PM, Tim/Rodeo314 said:

In the Desktop app (Mac OS X), I can't seem to find a way to clear all charts from the kneeboard, only one chart at a time. Am I missing something?

My guess was that it's not implemented, and so it's "I'd like to suggest adding this feature, unless it actually already is implemented and I missed it" :) 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived