NavDataPro Chart Cloud - Did not connected behind proxy

Diegoamd

Hi To all.

Glad to be the 1st to post here (maybe I win something?!?!?!? :P).

I've just installed the product for windows (x64).

I'm behind a proxy. When I try to activate I don't get any error messages but return to the logon page.

Can you add the support for proxy, and/or can you provide an error message?

I hope can help you with this post.

P.S.: On IOS app (no proxy - 4G connection) I can visualize the chart without problems.

No it's not a vpn, it's a proxy server.

In my company to connect from local lan to the internet you have to use a company proxy server to exit.

the proxy needs user and password, an work for http protocol on port 8080.

Other aerosoft product, link PFPX, can be configured to use a proxy to exit to the internet. I think that navdata chart have to do the same way.

if you need more clarification feel free to contact me.

Here my Proxy settings.

It's a standard Company Proxy.

I hope you can fix this issue.

If you need some test about it, please contact me I'll be very happy to help you.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just checked it on my company PC and have no problems at all, even when going through a VPN. And our company is very restrictive. ;)

Ok.

But since it not connect and return to initial page, I'm expecting an error message. Something like "Nav data Charts pro cannot connect to server..."

Otherwise I don't know why it return to registration page.

but 443 is open? That should be enought

So port 80 and 443 are the used.

"TLS/SSL (The S in HTTPS) guarantees that there are no eavesdroppers between you and the server you are contacting, i.e. no proxies. Normally, you use CONNECT to open up a TCP connection through the proxy. In this case, the proxy will not be able to cache, read, or modify the connection, and therefore useless."

So your proxy block the https connection,  we will find a solution for this give us some days :)

It seem that the product trying to connect on ip 78.46.124.19:443/

The McAfee Web Gateway seems to block, on default policy (not company policy), this addres as:

URL: https://78.46.124.19/
URL Category: Malicious Sites, Spam URLs
URL bloccato per ricerca GTI Reputation and Categorization: false
URL bloccato per classificazione dei contenuti dinamici: false

So it seems that the problem is the mcafee web gateway. I can connect without problem to aerosoft.com but not on 78.46.124.19....

Archived