F-14 and LANTIRN

peter197

4 hours ago, miroslavmurin said:

How did you install Tacpack on P3D 3.3.5? I get error message as incompatible version.

17556 is the last supported version for the Tacpack before the LM hot fix came out, so all i did was uninstall the client only, updated with the P3d hotfix and your good to go, but you can not use the tacpack manager, all the weapons and ai work fine, you need to revert back to previous P3d to use tacpack manager, takes less than a minute for me.

• 2 weeks later...

So i`ve just downloaded the new updated installer which shows Aerosoft - F-14 Extended (2.02)  on my d/l page.. the product config shows

[Installer]
ProductCode=1361
ProductName=F-14 Extended
Version=0201
ProductPage=http://www.aerosoft.com
ManualName=Manual.pdf
ReadmeName=Readme.txt

And now the LANTIRN stability issues have returned as before the manual hotfix i did, can someone also confirm this please.??

Well it really seems the new updated 2.02 installer has been packed without the LANTIRN Stability patch which was given here in the thread, i have now completed 3 full downloads of 2.02 installer from my account and each time i get the same result. no LANTIRN fix!!! and the product ID remains on version 0201, I`ve applied the manual patch and it works fine. Any response from anyone... please!!

29 minutes ago, miroslavmurin said:

I have no problem with lantrin in 2.02 version

I can not see how that is possible! if you slew the LANTIRN to a target and lock on the vision is jumping all over the place and it`s impossible to pickle your LGB as previous in 2.01, i have done 3 complete clean installs using the same updated installer and get the same result every time. if i apply the single hotfix it resolves every time to working.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick,

Were you able to find a solution to this problem? We have four different install sub-routine's (depending on the simulator in use), but I believe they all share the same .CAB files. So if the fix was applied to one, then it should be applied to all.

Best,

John

On 19/07/2016 at 0:34 PM, jcagle said:

Were you able to find a solution to this problem?

Thanks John for your response, i`m yet to try it again, i will do a clean install of P3dv3.5 and download a fresh installer again from my Aerosoft Account, i did note the installer that i previously tried was showing 2.02 on the exe but after install the cfg in the Aerosoft folder was still showing 2.01? is this an error or should it be ignored.

thanks

All, I just downloaded the official installer and it looks like something was fumbled on the build. There are a couple of update files that were dropped along the way. No idea where it happened, but the most sensible thing to so is get another build out the door as quickly as possible.

7 hours ago, jcagle said:

All, I just downloaded the official installer and it looks like something was fumbled on the build.

So i`m not going crazy.. the original patch you gave me here John last month was the one i applied to the latest updated official exe and everything worked great(not sure about the VC updates)again, then i d/l the updated installer again 3 more times and results were the same, shaky LANTIRN...... are there no beta testers for these releases.??

Archived