Uninstalled Split v1.41 corrupted my entire Installed Programs list Win10

I uninstalled Split v1.41 using D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Aerosoft\Uninstall_splitX.exe - after the uninstall completed, most of my unrelated installed programs under Win10 "Add Remove Programs" list are now gone ... including all my other products, Prepar3D etc.  Looks like the Split X uninstalled corrupted my registry and/or attempt to uninstall under a different account?  Not sure if this is a Win10 issue or an installer issue.  

Up to this point, I had run several other Aerosoft uninstallers as I was updating my airports to latest versions ... no issues at all until I got to Split X.

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers, Rob.

Yep, same here. Only now I realized it was Split as I removed few of them at once (thanks Rob for pointing it out).

Amos

Thanks for confirmation Amos, at this point I'm not even sure I can fix this without doing a system restore which would take me back considerably and return my system to an "unknown" state.

This is a pretty significant issue with the Split X uninstaller, I hope someone can take a look.

Cheers, Rob.

Passed it along Rob, thanks to both of you guys.

After some prelim investigation, I'll install and remove to see if I can duplicate.

Thanks again.

Thanks Dave, some more background:

1. Win10 64bit

2. The uninstall was Split v1.41 (I was going to uninstall v1.41 and install latest v1.42)

3. Split X was installed via "Run As Admin"

4. Split X v1.41 didn't actually have a listed entry under Add Remove Programs (possible clue of a problem), so I had to run the Uninstall_Splitx.exe under Aerosoft dir.

If you do have a hard time replicating, I'd suggest using a different combinations i.e. Install v1.41 using "Run As Admin" then uninstall without using "Run As Admin"  and/or visa-versa. 

But be warned, if you do replicate the problem you'll end up with a corrupted/partial application installation list under "Add Remove Programs" ... so you might want to do this on a test PC that you don't mind reformatting or doing a restore point from.  Or, do a manual restore point PRIOR to testing, that way you have a known restore point to work with in case you do replicate.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob, good to know.

Because of all the testing I do, I maintain a system image, updated daily (actually sometimes have two different images).  It's automated, but still a little pain.  But not nearly as big a pain as taking my test platforms offline due to something like this!  So sorry you experienced this my friend.

Hey.. not related, but testing the Majestic P3DV3.35 tomorrow morning. I've had it since yesterday morning to test but life got in the way.  I have a high degree of confidence.

Later.

I got a new DLL (1020) from Oley last week, but it was for build P3D V3.3.3.17556 ... I'm running v3.3.5.17625.  Found a few new issues, but it did fix the dark VC issue.  Sounds like you got a newer DLL, look forward to seeing results from it.

Cheers, Rob.

Archived