IP address changes

Hey there

I have FSX, two computers, FSX on one, Prosim and all systems, among these AES remote,  on the other. Works great.

After a in house power failure, the IP addresses on the computers changed, eventually everything was configured again and working.

HOWEVER.....

I corrected the IP address in the VistaMare folder in FSX, and I corrected the IP address in the AES Remote window. All OK. BUT,

When I shut down AES Remote, and start it up again, it comes up with a wrong IP address, even though I had pressed SAVE

on the correct entry. It comes up with 192.168.1.1 while the correct one is, and was punched in: 192.168.1.24.

It has been workng flawlessly for over a year!! Any ideas how I can correct this?

regards

P B Nielsen

Copenhagen

• Developer

AESRemote will save the parameters into the Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Aerosoft\AES\AESRemote

Maybe you can check, if this key changes, when you press the Save Button in the config menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Need some more help please:

I have located the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE

by typing regedit in the start menu, but there is no

Aerosoft\AES\AESRemote.

I have looked in both computers.....to no avail.

Apparently I am missing something. Hope that you can help me out!

Thanx.

• Developer

When you have a 64Bit Windows, check here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Aerosoft\AES\AESRemote

Thank you OPabst!

We are closing in maybe, but I am taking small steps at a time here. Thank you for being patient. :-)

The Aerosoft file was right where you said it would be, in the WOW folder.....now having locted this, I need guidance for the next step please.

You say

"Maybe you can check, if this key changes, when you press the Save Button in the config menu"

I cannot see any changes when I press the save button in the " Setup AESRemote" window. And I do not know which config menu you are referring to unfortunately. And I wish I knew what to look for.

Might it be easier to reset it, or am I almost there??

Regards

P B Nielsen

Copenhagen

• Developer

Yes, I mean the IP Botton in AESRemote, that the config menu for the IP Address. Have just test it, when I change the IP it is save and loaded correctly after restart of AESRemote.

Did you try to start AESRemote "As Admin"? Maybe it is not save because of the UAC in normal mode.

Hello again.

I Just checked, and AES Remote runs as administrator.

The HKEY shows the correct IP address, however the AES Remote window comes up with the last digit missing every time and therefore the wrong IP address!

I am stumped!

Hello again

Here are the relevant screen shots!

Regards

PBN

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...

Archived