FSX crashes on every flight

Hello everyone,

after installing a new Add-On my FSX constantly crashes mid-flight when entering the menu e.g. to change settings or view the map. I don't know, if that's the fault of this Add-On.

In the event manager I get the following message:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: fsx.exe, Version: 10.0.61472.0, Zeitstempel: 0x475e17d3
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: d3d9orig.dll, Version: 1.0.0.1, Zeitstempel: 0x48751493
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00006d1c
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xf18
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d1c1a4c98e03f7
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\d3d9orig.dll
Berichtskennung: d38d9de1-2d99-11e6-82ab-0c54a5089743

My System:

Intel Core i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760M

16GB DDR3

I've been searching for a fix the past days but didn't find anything. I reinstalled DirectX and the .NET framework.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Konstantin

The fix for this is to install the Microsoft Vista version of uiautomationcore.dll.  Note that this fixes many systsms, but not 100% of them.  It this fix doesn't work for you then I'm afraid your options may be very limited.

Please see and closely follow the instructions (verbatim) in the AVSIM CTD Guide for how to proceed.

Best wishes.

EDIT:  If you'd like to read up on this error, you can Google "FSX CTD Menu".  ("CTD"=Crash to Desktop).

Again, best wishes.

You are welcome, however I caution you NOT to use a different UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL than the one specified in the guide I referred you to.  It's not a guess....

My very best wishes!

Archived