Hi all, about a month ago I asked if anyone would code a template from pictures. I then coded the flight plan template and the topic was closed. Now I have reset my PC due to a problem. I have many flightplans in this format and I could give you them to code it. So finally I ask if anyone could code the template from PDF to the feasible file that goes in to the flight plan templates folder? I remember someone saying yes...

Actually, flight plans change all the time due to many, MANY different reasons, so keeping old flights plans really isn't the best thing to do.  Additionally, with the terrific tools we have available, it's very easy and extremely fast to obtain an updated flight plan (I don't know, maybe 10 to 15 seconds?), so my advice would be to dump your flights plans and use an updated flight plan for each flight.

That's my advice, but I'm happy to at least help you seek an answer to your question. To do this, you might include what format you're flight plans are currently in, and give an example of what "template" you're looking for and what you want to do with it.  Try approaching this from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what you have or what you want. I mention this because I'm fairly knowledgable when it comes to flight plans and various tools available but sincerely and respectfully I have absolutely no idea what you have, what you're looking for and what you want to do with it.  We'd need to know all of that before any type of help or further advice could be provided.

With the above in  mind, I'll hazard a guess as to what you're looking for.  Are you looking for someone to take a flight plan text such as:

FLIGHT PLAN EXAMPLE:  KBOS SSOXS4 SSOXS BUZRD SEY J121 BRIGS JIIMS2 KPHL

... and turn that into a flight plan file which is compatible with a particular aircraft?  If so, may I ask which aircraft?

If my guess is correct, and you're using the Aerosoft A320 series then you can do this yourself by using the built in tool (See Volume 1 of the documentation).  If it's a different aicraft, then there are many other tools which can do this for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

My very best.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Actually, flight plans change all the time due to many, MANY different reasons, so keeping old flights plans really isn't the best thing to do.  Additionally, with the terrific tools we have available, it's very easy and extremely fast to obtain an updated flight plan (I don't know, maybe 10 to 15 seconds?), so my advice would be to dump your flights plans and use an updated flight plan for each flight.

That's my advice, but I'm happy to at least help you seek an answer to your question. To do this, you might include what format you're flight plans are currently in, and give an example of what "template" you're looking for and what you want to do with it.  Try approaching this from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what you have or what you want. I mention this because I'm fairly knowledgable when it comes to flight plans and various tools available but sincerely and respectfully I have absolutely no idea what you have, what you're looking for and what you want to do with it.  We'd need to know all of that before any type of help or further advice could be provided.

With the above in  mind, I'll hazard a guess as to what you're looking for.  Are you looking for someone to take a flight plan text such as:

FLIGHT PLAN EXAMPLE:  KBOS SSOXS4 SSOXS BUZRD SEY J121 BRIGS JIIMS2 KPHL

... and turn that into a flight plan file which is compatible with a particular aircraft?  If so, may I ask which aircraft?

If my guess is correct, and you're using the Aerosoft A320 series then you can do this yourself by using the built in tool (See Volume 1 of the documentation).  If it's a different aicraft, then there are many other tools which can do this for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

My very best.

Thanks for replying I did create a template but It has been lost (.txt file) I have OFPs in this template format but need somebody to make the template (.txt file) using a OFP.

Okay, I understand.  It sounds like you want someone to take your flight plan (in text) and run it using PFPX to provide you with an Operational Flight Plan?  Is this correct? 

If the above is true, then the person who might do this for you might be violating the End User License Agreement (EULA) for PFPX, thus I would caution anyone considering doing so to read the EULA carefully before proceeding.  Even if that wasn't the case, I'm fairly sure you might have difficulty in finding someone to do this, given that you can easily do so  yourself with the freeware tools which are available.

----------------------------------------------------------

Can you answer the question regarding Aircraft Type?  After we have that information, I could likely point you in the right direction.

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, I understand.  It sounds like you want someone to take your flight plan (in text) and run it using PFPX to provide you with an Operational Flight Plan?  Is this correct? 

If the above is true, then the person who might do this for you might be violating the End User License Agreement (EULA) for PFPX, thus I would caution anyone considering doing so to read the EULA carefully before proceeding.  Even if that wasn't the case, I'm fairly sure you might have difficulty in finding someone to do this, given that you can easily do so  yourself with the freeware tools which are available.

----------------------------------------------------------

Can you answer the question regarding Aircraft Type?  After we have that information, I could likely point you in the right direction.

A321

Aerosoft

Thank you for the aircraft type.

I see in a former post of your that you mentioned you had mastered PFPX (so I'll assume you own the product), so all you need to do is copy and paste the text out of your PDF document and paste it into PFPX.  However as I eluded to in my first post, flight plans change all the time, and if you're going to copy and paste text into PFPX then I'd suggest  you use and updated flight plan rather than an older one which you have stored.

Please let me know IF the above doesn't work for you (explanation would further help me to understand).

Best wishes!

49 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I see in a former post of your that you mentioned you had mastered PFPX (so I'll assume you own the product), so all you need to do is copy and paste the text out of your PDF document and paste it into PFPX.  However as I eluded to in my first post, flight plans change all the time, and if you're going to copy and paste text into PFPX then I'd suggest  you use and updated flight plan rather than an older one which you have stored.

Please let me know IF the above doesn't work for you (explanation would further help me to understand).

Best wishes!

Thanks but I still think your missing it. I want a template for a OFP so it will look different after i click compute flight eg. PFPX template is different however on the forum you can download others like british Airways ones so the ofp you compute looks like a british airways one so i have a thomas cook ofp in real life and would like someone to create a template for it.

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes!

Know pf anyone who can help?

Archived