Problem with Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 Flight stick (and AS Airbus

Swisspilot

Hi

A while ago, I very ofthen have issues with the above mentioned Stick (which I use for Airbus flights). Additionaly I use the Saitek Pro Yoke with Pro Rudder Pedals for Boeing flights.

When I use it with the Airbus, it goes "offline" after a while. Sometimes after Pushback, sometimes after takeoff. The Stick does not recognize my inputs anymore. The Saitek Pro Stick keeps working noramly.

I mean If I fly Boeing and I use a Button on this stick, it went offline. So only with the AS (as far as I know).

Do you now any specific issue or do you recommend me to bring the stick back (I still have warranty).

Also if I plug in the stick again, it won't work but after a PC restart.

Kind Regards

Patrick

USB / Joystick problems can sometimes be difficult to track down, especially with Windows 7 and most especially with Windows 10.

If you're already positive it's the joystick and not a USB problem, then certainly I'd return or have it replaced.

Please see the following link which will help you to troubleshoot USB/Joysticks further. Don't be concerned that Saitek is the focus as much of the text will still apply, especially in regards to USB.

USB JOYSTICK TROUBLESHOOTING LINK 1

USB JOYSTICK TROUBLESHOOTING LINK 2

Love to hear how you make out.

Best wishes.

Archived