Mega Airport Rome SODE Jetways missing with latest Update

Running the latest GSX+SODE+ROME and Jetway are there.

Please verify that you've MKSTUDIOS_ROME folder under C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects 

Amos

1 hour ago, Speedbird ATC said:

Hi, the simobjects folder is empty.

Completely empty? strange,

1. Which SODE version are you running at the moment? The latest one is 1.3.3 and can be downloaded from here: http://sode.12bpilot.ch/

2. Check your FS root directory, do you have SODE folder there and SimObjects folder also? Does it contain the folder MKSTUDIOS_ROME?

Let's start from here and once I will have those two questions answered, can guide you thru getting things works again.

Amos

Is it possible that SODE 1.2 is running along with 1.3.3? Can you please upload here your exe.xml as well as the dll.xml files? Let's have a look at your current configuration

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Speedbird ATC said:

dll.xml

exe.xml

Note by admin: this xml files are depending on the personal system, don't use it as replacement. They can be use as information only.

Looks OK, no older versions of SODE are loaded parallel to 1.3.3

Do you have more SODE airports? Are they also have the same issue?

Try reinstall ROME and see if you find the SimObjects folder as I described above.

If all won't work, PM me and we can try TeamViewer session to sort it out :)

Amos

Hi, same problem with missing jetways here.

SODE version is 1.3.3.  MKSTUDIOS_ROME folder is present in the SimObjects folder under C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects.

MKSTUDIOS_Jetways.xml is also present in XML folder.

Attached is the SODE log file which claims that there respectively is the jetway.cfg file missing. But the file is present in each model folder of the MKSTUDIOS_ROME folder.

SODE.log

• Developer
Vor 1 Stunde, muggi sagte:

Attached is the SODE log file which claims that there respectively is the jetway.cfg file missing. But the file is present in each model folder of the MKSTUDIOS_ROME folder.

Attaching the SODE.log is always a good idea! I was able to determine that the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects path is not registered in the fsx.cfg. To fix this, start the SODEPlatformManager.exe and Unregister/Register SODE for the FSX platform. This ensures that the necessary entries are really written into the various FSX cfg and xml files.

Once the paths are registered, the SimObjects should be loaded and visible again.

• Developer
vor 17 Minuten, Bruce Hamilton sagte:

Did Rome get updated with the 1.33 SODE SDK?

There's no immediate need to use the new SDK, unless you want to have spinning jetway wheels...

The "old" ones will otherwise operate the same way as the new ones.

On 6/4/2016 at 0:53 AM, ageva said:

Looks OK, no older versions of SODE are loaded parallel to 1.3.3

Do you have more SODE airports? Are they also have the same issue?

Try reinstall ROME and see if you find the SimObjects folder as I described above.

If all won't work, PM me and we can try TeamViewer session to sort it out :)

Amos

I installed the FSDT KMEM demo which had no issues, and I have a separate issue with Imaginesim KATL which involves the jetwways not moving. (probably because imaginesim were not clear on how to install the SODE update...)

10 hours ago, Speedbird ATC said:

Also, I reinstalled Rome, nothing changed. Is it possible that you could pm me the sode files? If it will help, here is my SODE log.

SODE.log

I'm not an expert and probably @12bPilot can read it better but looking at your sode.log it seems that it can't find any xml files besides Atlanta:

[12:52:36.945] DEBUG  : Trying to find XML Definition files...
[12:52:36.945] DEBUG SODE.XML : Finding XML Files...
[12:52:36.945] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: ImagineSim_KATL_Stands.xml!
[12:52:36.945] DEBUG  : Trying to build SimObject List out of XML definition files...
[12:52:36.945] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ImagineSim_KATL_Stands.xml'
[12:52:36.958] DEBUG SODE.XML : XML Data successfully read and List created.

Comparing to my sode.log:

[07:51:52.029] DEBUG  : Trying to find XML Definition files...
[07:51:52.029] DEBUG SODE.XML : Finding XML Files...
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: ENAT_SODE.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: ENAT_SODE_animation.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: ENAT_SODE_Clock_01.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: ENAT_SODE_Clock_02.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: ENAT_SODE_Terrain.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: IDS_MYNN.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: ImagineSim_KATL_Stands.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: Latinwings_LEVC_Stands.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: LOWS.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: MKSTUDIOS_Jetways.xml!
[07:51:52.029] INFO SODE.XML : xml File Found: TNCB_SODE.xml!
[07:51:52.029] DEBUG  : Trying to build SimObject List out of XML definition files...
[07:51:52.030] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE.xml'
[07:51:52.035] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_animation.xml'
[07:51:52.036] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_Clock_01.xml'
[07:51:52.114] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_Clock_02.xml'
[07:51:52.184] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ENAT_SODE_Terrain.xml'
[07:51:52.185] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\IDS_MYNN.xml'
[07:51:52.186] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\ImagineSim_KATL_Stands.xml'
[07:51:52.230] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\Latinwings_LEVC_Stands.xml'
[07:51:52.230] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\LOWS.xml'
[07:51:52.232] DEBUG SODE.XML : Building List from File 'C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml\MKSTUDIOS_Jetways.xml'

I will guess this is one of if not your only problem, no xml files of ROME / MYNN appear to be located under C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml folder.

But again, maybe I'm wrong :)

Amos

vor 21 Stunden , 12bPilot sagte:

Attaching the SODE.log is always a good idea! I was able to determine that the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects path is not registered in the fsx.cfg. To fix this, start the SODEPlatformManager.exe and Unregister/Register SODE for the FSX platform. This ensures that the necessary entries are really written into the various FSX cfg and xml files.

Once the paths are registered, the SimObjects should be loaded and visible again.

That solved my problem.

Thank you!

Bit of an update. Deleting SODE and all SODE scenery's and then reinstalling Mega Airport Rome seems to have fixed it. But I want my SODE to have that nifty GSX integration. is there any official word on how to update SODE to work with Rome?

Just so you know, the old version of SODE did not have a folder in program data. It also did not have a simobjects folder in the FS root folder. If you ask me, all products that used the older version of SODE need an update...

I think I may have found the problem. The old version of SODE had its files in the FS root directory. The new version uses program data. For some reason, now SODE requires all jetway data in its own simobjects folder, rather then the MSFS simobjects/misc folder. Aerosoft Rome and other products still target the old folders. To fix the problem, just copy the .xml file into the SODE program data folder, and all the MKstudios jetways from the simobjects misc folder into the SODE sim objects folder. However, it appears that the jetways are incompatible with SODE 1.33. After pressing TAB-S, SODE simply says that there are no triggerable objects within 12km. GSX completely ignores the jetways as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12. Juni 2016 at 05:09, Speedbird ATC sagte:

In addition, I have the same symptoms with IDS MYNN

Are you using the newest 1.01 version?

since that version it supports sode 1.3x

Archived