Aerosoft airbus route export

Hi there, whenever I export a route to my aerosoft airbus, the last waypoint is always missing, and having looked at a previous post about this, no solution was directly provided, as I'm running the latest version, 1.26. I have also tested on a PMDG aircraft, and there the waypoint wasn't missing. Lastly, and definitly most weirdly, if I look at the exported route in the Company route editor, the last waypoint isn't missing. I'm running the latest version of the airbus, 1.31

Regards, Afonso

I'm not an Aerosoft bus user but the exported flightplan contains the last route waypoint here TESTO:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=EGKK
ArptArr=LIMJ
RwyDep=EGKK08R
RwyArr=LIMJ10
Airway1=UL612
Airway1FROM=BOGNA
Airway1TO=MILPA
Airway2=UM135
Airway2FROM=MILPA
Airway2TO=TOP
Airway3=UM730
Airway3FROM=TOP
Airway3TO=TESTO

which is the STAR TRANSITION entry.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Alfonso, posting your flightplan file would be helpfull.

And where is the last waypoint missing? in the file itself or when you load it in the Airbus?

Here is the flightplan, and the last waypoint isn't missing in the file and neither on the company route editor, but when I load it in the Airbus it's missing, being the last waypoint "EXONA", and here's the route I inserted in PFPX: " CCS DCT ELVAR DCT BIRBA DCT TAGUX DCT EXONA "

LEMDLPPT01.flp

Here's the content inside the flightplan:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=LEMD
ArptArr=LPPT
RwyDep=LEMD14R
RwyArr=LPPT35
Airway1=DCT
Airway1FROM=CCS
Airway1TO=ELVAR
Airway2=DCT
Airway2FROM=ELVAR
Airway2TO=BIRBA
Airway3=DCT
Airway3FROM=BIRBA
Airway3TO=TAGUX
Airway4=DCT
Airway4FROM=TAGUX
Airway4TO=EXONA

I also included an image of how it looks on the airbus. (without doing any FMC programing at all, only inserted LEMD/LPPT and selected the company route LEMDLPPT01, but it doesn't change after programing the FMC)

Please login to display this image.

23 hours ago, mopperle said:

And where is the last waypoint missing? in the file itself or when you load it in the Airbus?

And I have also tested it with other routes, and the same issue happens with every route

Is EXONA not the name of the STAR arrival, as opposed to a waypoint? If so, then the STAR has to be entered manually. 

What flight planner are you using to export the route? Can you post a screenshot of the route in the flight planner window, as this would be helpful.

EDIT: Ok I've just seen another post you made. You're using PFPX. Can you post a screenshot of how the route is written down in PFPX?

8 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Is EXONA not the name of the STAR arrival, as opposed to a waypoint? If so, then the STAR has to be entered manually. 

What flight planner are you using to export the route? Can you post a screenshot of the route in the flight planner window, as this would be helpful.

EDIT: Ok I've just seen another post you made. You're using PFPX. Can you post a screenshot of how the route is written down in PFPX?

Here It is on PFPX 

Sorry I meant could you get a screenshot of the actual text on the initial page where you fill out all the fields, more specifically the area I outlined in blue

14 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Sorry I meant could you get a screenshot of the actual text on the initial page where you fill out all the fields, more specifically the area I outlined in blue

Here it is

Ok usually when I create a plan, instead of all the DCTs, it displays the airways. However, the last entry (where EXONA is) is actually the STAR arrival, and not a waypoint. So the MCDU in your bus is displaying the flightplan correctly. You'll notice that CCS isn't a waypoint either. This is your departure SID. I assume you're familar with SIDs and STARs and how to enter them into the MCDU? If not then I suggest you do the tutorial flight.

Portugal is designated FRA and there are no upper airways, EXONA is a designated intermediate and airport arrival waypoint.

Maybe an Airbus quirk ?

What is the result of entering and exporting the route from the FMC ?

9 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Ok usually when I create a plan, instead of all the DCTs, it displays the airways. However, the last entry (where EXONA is) is actually the STAR arrival, and not a waypoint. So the MCDU in your bus is displaying the flightplan correctly. You'll notice that CCS isn't a waypoint either. This is your departure SID. I assume you're familar with SIDs and STARs and how to enter them into the MCDU? If not then I suggest you do the tutorial flight.

EXONA isn't the STAR, but it's actually the first waypoint of a STAR (nevertheless, its still just a normal waypoint), and as for CCS, it is imported to the airbus, being the last waypoint of a SID. Having tested the same route on other planes, the PMDG 777 for example, the last waypoint, EXONA, is allways imported, which makes me believe the problem is either on the export function of PFPX (which would be weird as the last waypoint is displayed on the Company route editor, and on the exported file) or on the actual airbus.

A picture of the route on the Company route editor (looking at route exported by PFPX)

2 minutes ago, srcooke said:

Portugal is designated FRA and there are no upper airways, EXONA is a designated intermediate and airport arrival waypoint.

Maybe an Airbus quirk ?

What is the result of entering and exporting the route from the FMC ?

Yes, I think it's something to do with the actual airbus aswell.

What do you mean with entering and exporting the route from the FMC?

Just now, srcooke said:

Manually enter the route in the FMC and then save it, compare the output format to PFPX.

Ok, how do I save the route from the FMC?

9 minutes ago, afonso_am said:

EXONA isn't the STAR, but it's actually the first waypoint of a STAR (nevertheless, its still just a normal waypoint), and as for CCS, it is imported to the airbus, being the last waypoint of a SID. Having tested the same route on other planes, the PMDG 777 for example, the last waypoint, EXONA, is allways imported, which makes me believe the problem is either on the export function of PFPX (which would be weird as the last waypoint is displayed on the Company route editor, and on the exported file) or on the actual airbus.

A picture of the route on the Company route editor (looking at route exported by PFPX)

I don't claim to be an expert or anything, but I think a STAR is normally named after it's initial waypoint (just like a SID is named after it's final waypoint). Have you tried selecting runway 35 in the MCDU and see does a STAR called EXONA appear as an option?

30 minutes ago, srcooke said:

As I previously mentioned, I do not use the Aerosoft Airbus so cannot comment.

Here is the exported route from the FMC:

[CoRte]
ArptDep=LEMD
ArptArr=LPPT
RwyDep=LEMD14R
RwyArr=LPPT35
DctWpt1=CCS
DctWpt1Coordinates=39.524502,-6.434722
DctWpt2=ELVAR
DctWpt2Coordinates=39.219444,-7.223333
DctWpt3=BIRBA
DctWpt3Coordinates=39.105556,-7.511944
DctWpt4=TAGUX
DctWpt4Coordinates=38.945557,-7.914167
DctWpt5=EXONA
DctWpt5Coordinates=38.904446,-8.016667

(you can see the one PFPX exported in the begining of the post)

When loading the exported route (by the FMC) on the airbus, the last waypoint is now not missing, making me think this is definitly a PFPX issue

3 hours ago, srcooke said:

It looks like a format change compared to the PFPX supported Airbus Extended.

Yup, I tried to look for a file that contained some sort of database of the different export ways, but to no luck

On 31/05/2016 at 3:50 PM, mopperle said:

Any suggestions? I believe the issue is with the way PFPX is writting the route on the file, as it's different from when I save a route from the FMC

Ok, so I have made an experiment, I tried adding another waypoint after EXONA, (INBOM), through the company route editor and now upon loading it on the airbus, all waypoints are there. I then looked at the file after adding the waypoint through the company route editor, and I noticed that the "structure" changed to the one in the routes save from the airbus FMC, making me conclude that the problem is how PFPX is writing the route on the file. Is there anyway I can change this, by editing a file or something to make the structure be like the one the FMC saves?

@srcooke and @mopperle I have now found something else about this issue, something that changes everyhting. It turns out I can only reproduce the issue when flying TO Portugal (tested on LPPT and LPPR) and Denmark (tested on EKCH) (there may be other countries, but I just haven't found out about it), and still only reproduceable on the aerosoft airbus. Now this makes it weird! Any suggestions? Anyone have something in mind that is characteristic to Portugal and Denmark, and not UK, France, Italy and Germany?

The difference in Portugal is that you are DCT to the STAR entry compared to an airway arrival in Denmark ? or are you using a direct there also.

EDIT: re-read your posts arrivals in both Portugal and Denmark are direct to STAR entry?

44 minutes ago, srcooke said:

The difference in Portugal is that you are DCT to the STAR entry compared to an airway arrival in Denmark ? or are you using a direct there also.

EDIT: re-read your posts arrivals in both Portugal and Denmark are direct to STAR entry?

Yes both Portugal and Denmark are DCT to the STAR entry (in the UK, Italy, Germany and France this is not the case) and in both the issue happens. Well spotted, thanks! Now, why this would cause the last waypoint not to be there is the question, and why it only happens in the "format" PFPX writes the exported route and not on a FMC saved route or CoRoute editor created route.

Archived